Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks steve, I'll look into those sites

Comment

You are welcome. Keep us posted on what you decide to go with.
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

If you mean the bulk rate license, you pay one fee per year plus a cost per mailing. Also, you have to mail a minimum of maybe 200 I think now? And they have to be ordered in a certain manner when you present the mailing to the post office.

Check out this site and see if it helps.

What is Bulk Mail? Is it Right for You?

There are down sides to the bulk rate method. The mailing isn't first class, I think it is third class? I think that effect when the mailing goes out and if it gets out at all.

For some reason a lot of bulk rate mailings seem to either disappear or never get to their intended reader.

Carriers Fired for Not Delivering Unwanted Bulk Mail

I am a victim of non delivered bulk mail.

Comment

can you please tell me more about the USPS license and how that works? I'm interested in that idea. Do you pay the 100 bucks and mail as many post cards as you want or do you have to pay separate postage for each card.

Where can I get more info about this?

thanks
          you might want to check out the USPS EDDM service.

Comment

Hello i am currently expanding this year huge goal to achive, but we have never really done door hangers the company who i use to work a while back did do doorhangers but they use to complain of how little return they got for their money but they kept on doing it, I didn't understand why until i started my own business, the thing is that if you have any kind of marketing and i mean ANY kid of marketing the money spent on the campaign is well worth the return.

Example: you distribute 5000 postcards and get 3 clients it cost you $300+ for the postcards plus $150 delivery but you gained 3 clients lets say 2 out of this clients are regular maintenance and you keep them at least 2 years and they are weekly service at $25/service... do the math it is well worth it.

no matter what marketing you do if you constantly attack the market you want with the postcards or doorhangers any return that is above the 2 client mark will generate enough money that would make the marketing worth every single penny.

btw we deliver about 5k flyers monthly in each section we target and we target 3 cities each at 5k flyers and we get an average of .3%, that is a dot infront of the 3 percent, from each area. Out of the 15 clients we get about half are clients we do work with about 7 and half of those are for one time jobs and the other half are service... so each area we end up getting a good solid 4 clients for service thats a really good return but not fast enough sometimes...

it is long but hope it helped...

Comment

I am a victim of non delivered bulk mail.
              What happened? How did you find out about this and what was done about it?
              - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

What happened? How did you find out about this and what was done about it?
                In January of 2011 I contracted with a local company to print, and mail 15000 postcards.
                after the cards were mailed, I contacted friends, and family to be sure
                they received the cards. only 2 did.
                I cant prove the cards were not delivered.the usps cant help with mail that doesnt have a tracking #.
                money spent, and wasted.I will never do it again.

Comment

That is very interesting! Could you tell if they had done this previously or if anyone else had such a problem?

Do you have any advice for others that might consider this marketing method in order to avoid this situation?

Comment

I love door hangers. I actually use a full 8 1/2 X 11 sheet of card stock because I have a lot of elderly in my area that appreciates the larger print on my adds. I put out 7500 in the last 3 months and I have 50 new customers. I also have completed about $2500 in one time work or landscaping installations. I can put out about 100 an hour. But that is a lot of walking after cutting all day.

Comment

I do about 80 door hangers an hour (postcards with holes punched in the corner and a rubber band feed throw) or mail them 80*$0.32= $25.60
                      Saving $25.60 for an hour of walking durning my down time sounds good to me

Mailing means your in with 10 other peices of mail that day and how would you get the mailing list?
                      I come up with my own mailing list...here's how:

Go to your county website and find the property tax records. Search for a targeted street or streets you want to service, then addresses will full names will come up with the street name(s) you looked for.

This is how I come up with my mailing list and it's easy. I can have over 1k addresses in about 5-10 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                      X