what am i doing wrong here?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what am i doing wrong here?

i have distributed almost 2000 of these flyers yet i havent recieved a single call. these were placed on doors of homes. compared to other flyers i see around my area mine look very professional. what do you guys think of this flyer? these are printed on glossy paper and are heavy post card size.
    Attached Files

i have distributed almost 2000 of these flyers yet i havent recieved a single call. these were placed on doors of homes. compared to other flyers i see around my area mine look very professional. what do you guys think of this flyer? these are printed on glossy paper and are heavy post card size.
    The flyer looks fine. Your in Detroit? You may not start to get calls for another few weeks yet. Keep at handing them out, you should get some response as you get into April.
    http://www.lunchesruslawncare.com

Comment

Welcome to the forum fellow Michigander! I haven't even handed any marketing material out yet myself. I usually wait for a few more weeks. Our snow just disappeard earlier this week and while the last few days have been warm I dont think the majority of homeowners are thinking about their lawns yet.

Your flyer/postcard looks nice. Colors are good, you got a nice list of services. Looks like you are licensed and insured. They are more professional then 99% of the flyers that get left on my door. I would say be patient, the phone will start to ring, its just a little early. I have a had a few calls for spring clean ups and sod jobs, but no lawn cutting yet. I highly recommend a website if you dont have one. Local city newspapers seem to pull good leads for me also.

Just to warn you most cities in the area require a handbill license to hand out marketing material door to door. Depending on which suburb you are in they can get cranky if someone complains...

Jay

Comment

do you think there is a best time of the day or week to hand out flyers door to door? been thinking if i should do this on weekends where i can hopefully catch people at home? what do you guys think of those coupon packs you get in the mail, does anybody actually look at them?

Comment

Just to warn you most cities in the area require a handbill license to hand out marketing material door to door. Depending on which suburb you are in they can get cranky if someone complains...

i called the township of brownstown and asked about the handbill license. they want $250.00 to apply and it has to go infront of the board to be approved along with background checks on any person that will be passing out flyers. guess i wont be doing any door to door in brownstown this year.lol

Comment

do you think there is a best time of the day or week to hand out flyers door to door? been thinking if i should do this on weekends where i can hopefully catch people at home? what do you guys think of those coupon packs you get in the mail, does anybody actually look at them?
            I dont look at those.

Is your business on google places? Owner Verified? If not you should be.

Comment

I dont look at those.

Is your business on google places? Owner Verified? If not you should be.

no its not, how do i get started on that?

Comment

Here is a link, you can also type in google search, google places submit

GOOGLE PLACES

Do the same with Yahoo and Bing.
                http://www.lunchesruslawncare.com

Comment

Flyer looks great, as noted a bit early.

There are two things I noticed

No mention of Free Estimates (something I look for if I have to hire someone)

Website - People like to check our a potential supplier
                  Andy
                  Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

I did a search to see when people from the Detroit area are looking for lawn care http://www.google.com/insights/searc...-MI-505&cmpt=q

and I found by March, the chart shows it's halfway to peak interest for the year with April at the peak.

Maybe now would be a good idea to start looking into google adword marketing as well in your area?

There is more discussion on when to start your spring advertising here.

Is this your first year in business or are you building on a current customer base? Are you doing any other forms of marketing?
                    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

i started in mid summer last year. i started out working for hud doing cleanouts, and landscaping for them but they started giving the work to all minority companys. this is my first year advertising for myself.

Comment

i called the township of brownstown and asked about the handbill license. they want $250.00 to apply and it has to go infront of the board to be approved along with background checks on any person that will be passing out flyers. guess i wont be doing any door to door in brownstown this year.lol
                        Its $25 dollars in Livonia and a you fill out a form that takes 30seconds... Wow.
                        Last edited by wellbiz; 03-19-2011, 09:05 AM. Reason: add city

Comment

i started in mid summer last year. i started out working for hud doing cleanouts, and landscaping for them but they started giving the work to all minority companys. this is my first year advertising for myself.
                          Are there other customer groups then you could go after that might be easier for you in your area? Do you know many people in your area that could help you get jobs? Are you socially networking with everyone you know?
                          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Are there other customer groups then you could go after that might be easier for you in your area? Do you know many people in your area that could help you get jobs? Are you socially networking with everyone you know?
                            ive been talking to everyone i know and meet, also going to every small business in the area. im definately networking but with only a couple calls so far.

Comment

Isn't it still early in your area to be mowing? This might come down to people are not even thinking of yard card yet but they may be shortly and then things should be picking up.

Comment

Working...
                              X