No announcement yet.

what am i doing wrong here?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isn't it still early in your area to be mowing? This might come down to people are not even thinking of yard card yet but they may be shortly and then things should be picking up.
    do you think i should keep passing out flyers door to door or should i wait a week or two then go back at it

Comment

I'd keep handing them out - get them in their hands so they have someone to call when they notice things have turned green all of a sudden.

Comment

You also might want to experiment with an inducement. Maybe with half the flyers you put out there, include a coupon for some service to get them to call. With the other half, don't include a coupon.

Put an ad code in each of the two different flyers. Then when customers call, you can ask them for the ad code and see which flyer is pulling in more customers. Then you can use that one as your test and alter it a bit and see which of those pulls better.

Does that help?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I live in Central Florida, and mowing season has not quite started, I did put out 100 flyers two weeks ago, and got 3 customers. This month is usually just 2 cuts, but because I want to stay visible in those neighborhoods I cut every week. Most of my calls come from the ad I have in the local Penny Saver. I started last year had 20 customers or thier about, lost several due to thier kids or grandkids wanted to mow, acouple who moved, and three that I would not renew this year (PITA) customers. I have all the rest return, and picked up 5 new ones already. You may do great this year, but DO NOT STOP ADVERTISING! Also make your ads season specific, ie. spring clean up, give your wife a present with a new flower bed for mothers day, give your husband a year long present with great lawn care, etc. Remember Residiential customers care most about how you treat them, and how thier lawn looks week to week, and if you treat them right they will return year after year after year. Good luck

Comment

Also make your ads season specific, ie. spring clean up, give your wife a present with a new flower bed for mothers day, give your husband a year long present with great lawn care, etc.
            Steve, what's your view on why it's so important to include seasonal specific information in your advertising vs. the same message all the time?
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
            Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

The problem is....

Your offer is not big enough. If you are looking for new customers you really need to offer them something. Try half off first cut and give the customer a lawn evaluation. What you are trying to do with with this offer is to show them they can trust you and you are worth their time.

I know offer them half off is something really hard to do, but if you do a good job, they will continue using you.

Darrin

Comment

Working...
              X