New Company Launch help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People on Benefits

That is very interesting! Are there certain specific job types that apply more to WINZ needs?
    A majority of these jobs involve people who cant afford basic utilities like rubbish removal, lawn mowing etc and dont have the funds to buy a mower weedeater etc.
    They then have issues with their landlords who demand they clean up the property or get evicted Because of my relationships and networks with various Property Managers in both the Public and Private Sector I find out about it and step in to help out arranging for the work to be done and paid for. Result the job is done and the tenant and landlord are happy I also in most cases get a new client with the Government paying the bill and deducting it weekly from the client
    Cash4Trash
    sigpic
    Property Services

Comment

Hey hey its me again
      Man Have I been busy.But it seems to be winding down now
      I have my Insurance and My company bank account (checking, visa etc..)
      I have registered my web domain and designed and launched my new web site
      ->Ducke's Lawn Care Services<-
      I hope to later add a Blog to go along with the site. I guess what I'm waiting for now is the snow to go so I can start on some lawns.

Comment

Hey hey its me again
        Man Have I been busy.But it seems to be winding down now
        I have my Insurance and My company bank account (checking, visa etc..)
        I have registered my web domain and designed and launched my new web site
        ->Ducke's Lawn Care Services<-
        I hope to later add a Blog to go along with the site. I guess what I'm waiting for now is the snow to go so I can start on some lawns.
        Nice job with the new site. On the home page you have listed twice Vacation Services.
        Also National is mis spelled.

On the light landscaping page, acceptable is mis spelled. You may want to run a spell check on each of the pages.

Other wise it looks really good!
        http://www.lunchesruslawncare.com

Comment

Nice job with the new site. On the home page you have listed twice Vacation Services.
          Also National is mis spelled.

On the light landscaping page, acceptable is mis spelled. You may want to run a spell check on each of the pages.

Other wise it looks really good!
          Thanks for the input
          I have made the correction and re-posted.
          I have been starring at the HTML for 5 days now it all becomes a blur.
          I tried to use spell check but it really doesn't like checking anything with HTML in it. I spent a good part of this evening going over it and finding some code problems with Explorer and then some link issues.
          I like that basic bones of the site but now I am going to add some more up to date stuff like Flash and Java etc. Its been a long time since I have done HTML work.
          Thanks again for the input.

Graham

Comment

Your welcome!

Comment

Very nice job on the website!

Are there any other items on your to do list before spring gets here?
              - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
              Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Ordered my Business cards and some postcard yesterday.
                I have ordered up some parts I needed for my spreader and am going Monday to order some new rear wheels for my Toro. I was up and approved the logos for my truck and they should be ready (knock on wood ) next week.
                Laid out my lawn package pricing as well as my individual service pricing.
                I am now looking at a couple of contract forms and I want to get a couple of Shirts embroidered as well as 5 or 6 Tee Shirts.other then that I only need to wait for the 4 feet of snow outside to melt and I do believe I'm ready to go
                Attached Files

Comment

Oh yes I also am about to start test driving some software, I have Quick Books
                  but want a scheduling and costumer data base as well.
                  Yes Gopher is in the test group.

Comment

I like your marketing material!

How will you be utilizing your postcards? Will they be mailed or handed out?
                    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

I like your marketing material!

How will you be utilizing your postcards? Will they be mailed or handed out?
                      Thanks Steve
                      I am going to be handing the post cards out to potential lawns.
                      Once the snow is gone I am going to start to walk the area and lokkat the lawns and any that I see as in need of my help will get the knock on the door and a Post card and Business card.
                      The Post Cards are rather pricey so I really want to target them to good prospects.

Comment

Oh that is going to be really good!

Comment

Marketing and Web Sites

Thanks Steve
                          I am going to be handing the post cards out to potential lawns.
                          Once the snow is gone I am going to start to walk the area and lokkat the lawns and any that I see as in need of my help will get the knock on the door and a Post card and Business card.
                          The Post Cards are rather pricey so I really want to target them to good prospects.
                          Your comment concerning Postcards is valid yes they could be pricey especially if being printed out as a photos on glossy paper
                          In these tough times I keep costs for these things to a bare minimum hence my earlier posts about using a print bureau who don't require you to print of say 1000 copies If you are doing your own designing and keep it on a USB stick you have extreme flexibility to change things as you need them
                          Most of these bureaus also have a variety of paper grades and colors incl both matt and glossy and suggest its prudent to run some test marketing say 100 to start record the area where you deliver them and then evaluate your actual business gained Basic Marketing 101 Maybe like the Home Shopping Network you could add (Signup before xx/xx/xxxx and your 5th cut is Free)
                          I am also just starting to design a Web Site its not online yet due to current work schedules but am using a Free Hosting Site with pre-designed templates http://www.bravenet.com/signup/signup.php admittedly there are some catches such as them adding advertising but why pay for something when its Free
                          Cash4Trash
                          sigpic
                          Property Services

Comment

Hey again Ducke,

If you are serious about scheduling, and want to track correctly, you should use q xpress. It's like 40-60$ a month if you are renting it. It can do basically ANYTHING related to invoicing or scheduling. It also automatically posts invoices of completed work to QuickBooks for you.

BUT, it's not for those that don't have technical skills. That's the 1 down side.

Comment

Well I signed up my first Full Service Full Season Customer Today.
                              I am so Pumped things are moving along at a strong pace.
                              I had a bit of a set back April 1st as my Mom passed away after a long battle with cancer so the whole business thing kind of got put on hold. But I am back up and running and as I said things are looking good
                              I have
                              4 Complete Spring Clean ups
                              5 Aeration
                              2 Partial Spring Clean ups
                              2 Full Season Hedge Trimming (3times each)
                              3 Full Season Lawn Mowings (more to come)
                              I also have 24 outstanding Quotes to follow up on.
                              I have as well sent a letter of intent to Quote on Mowing for 3 Seniors Homes.
                              I do believe I am going to make a go of it this year.
                              I just want to say thank you to everyone here on the Gopher Haul for all their help and patient answers to question that you have most likely heard a dozen or more times, This Forum has really made load of difference. Just having someone from the industry to mentor me is great.

Graham

Comment

So sorry about your mom, at least there is no more pain to endure. Glad to see the business is picking up!

Comment

Working...
                                X