New Company Launch help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Company Launch help

I am about to launch my new Lawn Care Company and am looking foe a Flier that I can drop in mail boxes in my area to Introduce myself and My services.
    I have looked at the ones on the site but just don't see something that fit my needs and I am just wondering if anyone has any Ideas.

I have done up a Business card and would like to incorporate some of the same features . I am also posting my Truck logo Mock up.
    Thank you gopher Haul for the Logo templates they were great inspiration and easy to work with, I will be linking them to my site once I get one done.

Graham
    Attached Files

When I first made up postcards for my lawn service I downloaded a program called inkscape, learned it and designed my own. This year I'm hiring a designer.
    Hungry Goat Lawn Service, Deltona, FL

Comment

Graham,

Those graphics looks good!

When you reviewed the flyers on the forum, what didnt you like about them and what did you feel they were missing? Maybe from that, we can pin down what you really want.
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Graham,

Those graphics looks good!

When you reviewed the fliers on the forum, what didn't you like about them and what did you feel they were missing? Maybe from that, we can pin down what you really want.
        Well I guess what I was looking for was something along the lines of a "Hey look at me " type of Flier. I have several competitors that I'm up against but their outsiders I really what to Highlight the "Locally Owned and Operated Right here in your Neighborhood" I figure it will give me an edge.
        I found that the fliers on the site seem more for established companies, Some of which i am going to use for my aeration, power wash and fall clean up.
        I am just kind of looking for a Grand Opening kind of thing I guess.

Comment

Thats a good idea.

Maybe you could put some sort of offer at the top and then include your picture and say that you are a new business, locally owned and operated. Give a quick resume that shows how many years you have lived there, different organizations you are or have been apart of and then below, have your contact information.

I bet that could really connect with the neighbors in your area. If you put something together, I'd love to see it.
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

OK I have been playing around with several different layouts and her is what i have come up with.
            it still needs some refining but I am liking what I see so far.
            Attached Files

Comment

That looks like a good introduction. Proof read through the paragraph, maybe should be may be, you have work should read you have worked, other than that it looks good. It comes across that you are no stranger to the business which is good. If you are licensed and insured, it would be good to mention that as well. Also if you are planning to take on commercial mention you do residential & commercial.
              Last edited by jymie; 12-30-2010, 08:48 AM.
              http://www.lunchesruslawncare.com

Comment

Looks good. I'm not a big fan of that green you used in the first paragraph. Maybe you can use one of the greens that is in your logo? Would probably look better.

Matt

Comment

I like where you are going with it.

My suggestions would be to put your logo at the bottom and some sort of catchy headline at top.

Maybe something like, "Get a lush green lawn from a caring local lawn care professional."

Also you may want to include your picture in there too.

Comment

Looks really good, but as other have mentioned, proof read that sucker, and get a couple other people to as well.

How do plan to distribute your lawn service introduction flyers?
                    Hungry Goat Lawn Service, Deltona, FL

Comment

Flyer isn't a bad start at all. You definitely need to follow the other member's advice regarding proof reading though. Where I work I always have at least 2 other people glance over anything important (Newsletters, etc) before the final print.

I do have one observation in regards to the logo.

One of the big things that I've learned with my graphics design background is ALWAYS make your text easily read. I feel as though the "fuzzed out" text really takes away from people being able to read your logo.

My solution: Make the text whole, yet integrate something different to the words, or add some style behind/around.
                      Example: http://www.designgeneral.com/images/...-design-19.gif

Look at the " O " and the design. It has a niche little touch of style, yet does not hinder the user from clearly reading the words. The same thing goes for the two "T"'s touching.

Comment

I have Been reading and listening and have reformatted the flier.
                        I have change some thing but basically left the paragraph as was other then some typo repairs. I know I am no Novelist and I do plan on having several people review this before it goes to print.

Graham
                        Attached Files

Comment

oops I can tell its late here I forgot to change the color.
                          Night all I will check back tomorrow.

Graham
                          Attached Files

Comment

Oh yea that is getting good! Maybe put a question mark at the end of the question

Tired of mowing your lawn?

That is great because you are going to capture their attention. In fact you could try two different headlines. Use one for half your town and another for the other half. Then you can see based on where the calls come in from, which headline is doing a better job at getting customers to call you.

Comment

oops I can tell its late here I forgot to change the color.
                              Night all I will check back tomorrow.

Graham
                              Good stuff Ducke! I like it much better!

Matt

Comment

Working...
                              X