Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mailing list help

Hey all,

I am looking for a company that supplies mailing list based on street or neighborhoods. For example, say I do a landscape job on a customers home who lives on 1st street. I am looking for a company where I can get the names and addresses to mail to everyone on the street or within a block or two. We might be only talking about 20 or 30 addresses max. I know relators do this all the time. I constantly get post cards for local agents when a house sells or goes up for sale either on my street or a block or two away. Just not sure where they are getting the names! Had the same thing happen when other contractors are performing work in the neighborhood (roofing,windows).

I am pretty sure I read on the forum last spring about a few members who used such a service. I tried to search for it and keep coming up empty.

I am pretty sure this is some kind of subscription that you would pay monthly for. I just can seem to find a company that offers it.

Any ideas or advice.

Thanks!
    Jay

Here in Canada, I can get it from the post office and I can select to omit those who do not wish promotional material also.
    Andy
    Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

Jay,

Read this post and see if it is helpful. I think it's a great discussion on this topic.

If you need more help, let me know.

Direct Mail Marketing
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I used DirectMailTools.com for my fall mailing campaign and was pretty happy with the results.

you can put in any address and set a radius around that address down to 1/10th of a mile around that point.
        Hungry Goat Lawn Service, Deltona, FL

Comment

Jay,

Read this post and see if it is helpful. I think it's a great discussion on this topic.

If you need more help, let me know.

Direct Mail Marketing
          Thanks Steve, lots of good information. I only wish Chestin whould have mentioned a few companies that offer the service in his posts. I have contacted a few of the bigger companies and havent been successful yet.

Jay

Comment

I used DirectMailTools.com for my fall mailing campaign and was pretty happy with the results.

you can put in any address and set a radius around that address down to 1/10th of a mile around that point.
            Thanks, I will contact them today and see if they can provide the information I am looking for.

Jay

Comment

Here in Canada, I can get it from the post office and I can select to omit those who do not wish promotional material also.
              Thanks Andy! I am in the states and unfortunatley our postal system is not as user friendly.

Comment

Let us know which companies you contact that you feel would work well for a lawn care business.

Also, one of the mailing list company names I remember was http://www.melissadata.com/

They have been talked about quite a bit on the forum in the past.
                - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

when I was doing my initial searches for contact lists for my lawn service ads, the problem I was running into was high minimum purchases.
                  Hungry Goat Lawn Service, Deltona, FL

Comment

What I use around here is the County Assessor page for my county. I just type in the address I worked at and it shows the house with the land. Where the land is outlined, I can click on the neighbors land and their page will come up with a picture of the house and all information. Didn't know if this was an option?? Let me know. If not, sorry for the waste lol

http://www.facebook.com/CLsLawnCare.SnowRemoval

Some of my work! "Like" my page.

Comment

I am guessing there is going to be a sweet spot for each way everyone is doing this. To generate X amount of a mailing list, maybe one way works better, but when you want to generate a mailing list of 10 times that, maybe another way does.

How big are the mailing lists you each are wanting or using?

Comment

I am guessing there is going to be a sweet spot for each way everyone is doing this. To generate X amount of a mailing list, maybe one way works better, but when you want to generate a mailing list of 10 times that, maybe another way does.

How big are the mailing lists you each are wanting or using?
                        Steve,

Not very big, maybe 20-30 per week. I dont know if it is even finacially viable until I get an idea on how much a list service will cost. I would just use postcards or door hangers left at the neighbors house (standard cloverleafing), but I thought actually having a name to personalize the marketing pieces may generate a higher respones rate. I am open to any suggestions.

Jay

Comment

I have used this site before to advertise by mail to neighbors of customers I now service, It takes a bit of typing onto a spread sheet to make labels but once you have it you can use over and over.

http://www.whitepages.com/person

Go down to the part that says find neighbors. Type in the address you service and up comes the information.

They will let you do free mail lables here on this site as well.

http://www.whitepages.com/save_contacts
                          http://www.lunchesruslawncare.com

Comment

I have used this site before to advertise by mail to neighbors of customers I now service, It takes a bit of typing onto a spread sheet to make labels but once you have it you can use over and over.

http://www.whitepages.com/person

Go down to the part that says find neighbors. Type in the address you service and up comes the information.

They will let you do free mail lables here on this site as well.

http://www.whitepages.com/save_contacts
                            Jymie,

Thanks so much. Funny thing is I use whitepages.com all the time for revese searches when I get a call and the client only leaves a first name or no name at all. Never realized I could search for neighbors. This is excellent, I really appreciate the help.

Jay

Comment

How often do you send out mailings to them and how effective have you found it to be versus dropping off flyers after each mowing?

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X