Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Include marketing material in Holiday cards or no?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Include marketing material in Holiday cards or no?

Should you include marketing material in your holiday cards to your customers?

Can you explain what you include in your holiday cards?
    Yes: I include marketing material in my holiday cards
    14.29%
    No: I don't
    64.29%
    Some: I include a minimal amount of marketing material
    21.43%
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

I know of someone that stapled an ad to halloween candy and it did not go over well for some. I would think it would be more viewed as junk mail than a holiday greeting.
    Pat

Comment

It looks kind a douchey. Pardon the term.
      Boughter's Lawn Care Services Mowing and Fertilizing in New Castle, PA

Comment

junk mail

It looks kind a douchey. Pardon the term.
        agreed. most would see it as another ad. not a holiday greeting.

I would just put something small in there such as a coupon or a snow removal ad (SMALL)

Comment

Thinking of sending out a survey in ours. Does anyone consider that as ad spam as well?
          Colton
          Mountain View Greenskeeper proudly offering yard care in the East Valley of Arizona.

Comment

I design and send out 'thank you' cards every year during Thanksgiving week. Just a quick note of thanks to whomever hired me throughout the year. They remember or know who it's from. You'd be surprised how far a few handwritten lines on a self-designed greeting goes.

Comment

Thinking of sending out a survey in ours. Does anyone consider that as ad spam as well?
              I sent out a survey last year and did not get a single one back.
              http://www.lunchesruslawncare.com

Comment

Very interesting results so far!

Does anyone ever send out family photos for things like Thanksgiving of Christmas?

If you send them out to friends and family, is it a good or bad idea to send them out to customers? Why?
                - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

If you send them out to friends and family, is it a good or bad idea to send them out to customers? Why?
                  no, I would consider that personal

but on the other hand some people will hold back firing you if they are not happy just because they know you have a family your trying to feed

Comment

Personally, I would never put marketing material in my X-mas cards. I tend to do more marketing in the early spring and think that putting something in my x-mas cards is tacky and unprofessional (just my opinion).

I handwrite all my x-mas cards every year, making them personal. I believe that much of my success has been in part to the fact that I am very personable and give an extra touch when it comes to my clients. I know every client including their pets. I go to the effort to even put the pets names on the x-mas card if I think the client is the type of person that cares or would be touched if I did that. Never hurts to suck up to the pets, clients love it.

Lloyd
                    Blue's YardFX
                    Camrose, Alberta

Comment

Working...
                    X