Credit card processing - Mobile Merchant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit card processing - Mobile Merchant

I found a nice way to collect credit cards (Canadian site)

Portable credit card payment system
    • Enables merchants to process credit transactions
    through their BlackBerry™ smartphone anywhere,
    at anytime
    • Phone pairs with a compact printer/cardreader via
    Bluetooth and instantly processes transactions
    through the existing data plan that you have with

The DirectCash ADVANTAGE
    • One of Canada’s leading payment processing
    companies
    • 24 hour bilingual call centre
    • Competitive credit rates
    • Flexibility in day closing times
    • Access detailed web reports easily from home
    or office
    your carrier

DirectCash Management - Mobile Merchant

DirectCash.net

American version

Found an American version to accept credit cards

Merchant Anywhere

Comment

Found an American version to accept credit cards

Merchant Anywhere
      Looks interesting, I haven't looked into this one however when I did look into a mobile unit the cell rates, service charges etc. made it too high, as mentioned prior what we do is call in the credit card info to a toll free line, receive an authorization number and everything is balanced at the end of the week. Having a virtual machine would be better if the costs were not too high, I use a Blackberry however I do not subscribe to the internet with it, I think it's around $40.00 a month for this option.
      Andy
      Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

When you say a virtual machine, you mean credit card processing software without a piece of hardware to swipe the card?

The thing I was wondering is how much can one save when swiping a card for a transaction vs simply entering cc info into software?

Is it enough to justify the costs of the hardware?

Furthermore, you really don't need to be concerned with cc fraud because you know where these people live. I highly doubt they are going to give you a stolen card, so maybe swiping would not be important at all.
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

When you say a virtual machine, you mean credit card processing software without a piece of hardware to swipe the card?

The thing I was wondering is how much can one save when swiping a card for a transaction vs simply entering cc info into software?

Is it enough to justify the costs of the hardware?

Furthermore, you really don't need to be concerned with cc fraud because you know where these people live. I highly doubt they are going to give you a stolen card, so maybe swiping would not be important at all.
          A virtual machine uses a cell chip or Simm card to communicate, you rent the machine, simm card, pay monthly cell time (data package) plus a % of sales, I think for us we will just continue to call them in takes less than 30 seconds and we haven't had any issues, because its toll free to call we do not incur any expense.
          Andy
          Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

It's amazing how many options there are when dealing with this.
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
            Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Mobile merchant

I found a site where I can get a debit/credit card machine that can be processes anywhere as long you have cell phone reception. It works with a sim card just like a cell phone.

I will probably call them up in the spring and get setup for Interac, Visa and Mastercard

Comment

I just use Paypal on my website. If a customer wants to pay by credit card they just go there and use Paypal.

Comment

I just use Paypal on my website. If a customer wants to pay by credit card they just go there and use Paypal.
                  Yeah but can they use their debit card ? That's what I'm offering

Comment

andy, who do you call them into your bank or do you have a cc company that you use ?

Comment

My credit card customers I send them an invoice through Paypal. It's been working fine for me so far. My only gripe with Paypal is they want to withhold 10% of each transaction for 60 days, then they release it..
                      http://www.lunchesruslawncare.com

Comment

andy, who do you call them into your bank or do you have a cc company that you use ?
                        I and the staff call a 1-800 number, we get an authorization number and they go on to the next site, it might take 30 seconds at the most and works perfect, we do around 500 credit card transactions a season.
                        Andy
                        Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

I use "SQUARE"for Android. I ordered the hardware for free and it is 2.75% + 15c per order scanned and 3.50 + 15cents per each transaction. I love it, drops upto 1001.01$ per day into a bank account of your choice. I have it automatically set-up to send a receipt to an email of their choice. Or i just forward it from the online account.

Matt
                          M.A.K. Landscaping

http://www.ma-klandscaping.com

407-949-1073

Volusia County FL
                          Seminole County FL

"Treating your property as if it were OUR own!"

Comment

I use "SQUARE"for Android. I ordered the hardware for free and it is 2.75% + 15c per order scanned and 3.50 + 15cents per each transaction. I love it, drops upto 1001.01$ per day into a bank account of your choice. I have it automatically set-up to send a receipt to an email of their choice. Or i just forward it from the online account.

Matt
                            I'm not sure I understand. You pay $3.50 + $.15 per transaction, plus $.15 + 2.75% per order. What exactly is an order? Would that be for each transaction? ($4.10 + 2.75% for each transaction?)

Jymie
                            http://www.lunchesruslawncare.com

Comment

Ironic that this thread popped back up, as I just started getting my first "junk mail" addressed to my business name a couple days ago.

Two of the four solicitations were for these remote credit gadgets.

Comment

Working...
                              X