Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't have a credit union.

I know what Paypal is.

I am willing to try it out if it's worth it but i don't even think it's worth it at the moment that's what i'm debating
    OK, Not sure what bank you deal with however, with Paypal your customer has to have a Paypal account also, that was my point, from what you said in the past most do not have internet so Paypal isn't going to work, i.e. you can take their credit card number and process a payment, both they and you have to have an account, I have this set up as mentioned but it's for the woodworking company I have as we ship world wide and I can accept any currency.

I use a company called UNPS to process my credit card payments in another business, they can help you out, I would give you my contact but she only looks after Atlantic Canada. Go to this page and give them a call and they will email a proposal after they ask you a few questions, I only accept Master Card and Visa, not American Express as the rate was too high.

http://www.unpsolutions.ca/english/aboutus.htm
    Andy
    Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

OK, Not sure what bank you deal with however, with Paypal your customer has to have a Paypal account also, that was my point, from what you said in the past most do not have internet so Paypal isn't going to work, i.e. you can take their credit card number and process a payment, both they and you have to have an account, I have this set up as mentioned but it's for the woodworking company I have as we ship world wide and I can accept any currency.

I use a company called UNPS to process my credit card payments in another business, they can help you out, I would give you my contact but she only looks after Atlantic Canada. Go to this page and give them a call and they will email a proposal after they ask you a few questions, I only accept Master Card and Visa, not American Express as the rate was too high.

http://www.unpsolutions.ca/english/aboutus.htm
      I do have a business PayPal account for my business.

I know some don't have internet, that's why I'm trying to accept payments through phone, e-mail or fax.

Comment

I do have a business PayPal account for my business.

I know some don't have internet, that's why I'm trying to accept payments through phone, e-mail or fax.
        Then UNPS can help you as that is who we use for the woodworking business and at craft shows we just call the credit card number in, get an authorization number and the money is in my account within 48 hours tops. Their rates and service is excellent and trust me I check everything out, they are very good.
        Andy
        Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

No we are set up at the bank my company deals with, the guys all have cell on them with a toll free IVR on speed dial, the call the IVR and basically 60 seconds or so later they are finished and on to the next job then I will compare a report the next day and compare the receipts to payments
          What is that? IVR?
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

What is that? IVR?
            Interactive Voice Response) An automated telephone information system that speaks to the caller with a combination of fixed voice menus and data extracted from databases in real time. The caller responds by pressing digits on the telephone or speaking words or short phrases. Applications include bank-by-phone, flight-scheduling information and automated order entry and tracking.
            Andy
            Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

I don't have a credit union.

I know what Paypal is.

I am willing to try it out if it's worth it but i don't even think it's worth it at the moment that's what i'm debating
              I have it. It's worth it, there is an option to bill the customer and pass the fee on to them, etc. Try it, it cost me nothing to try out.

Comment

I have it. It's worth it, there is an option to bill the customer and pass the fee on to them, etc. Try it, it cost me nothing to try out.
                As long as the customer knows up front that you are about to pass the fee, if you do it without their permission in Canada you have broken the law and subject to be charged, that is why you should either eat the cost or increase your price. Failing which you have to tell them that any fees associated with processing the credit card will be charged back to them, that sale will be next to impossible and is border line legal as you are punshing a consumer for using a credit card.
                Andy
                Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

You have Paypal Virtual terminal ?

Comment

You have Paypal Virtual terminal ?
                    no, just a paypal merchant business account upgraded from a regular account.

Comment

With paypal, at least here in the US, your customer can send it for free, but like you said you have to pay $0.30 per transaction plus (here in the US) 2.9% of the payment (but this is not virtual terminal. You would have to send an invoice.). HOWEVER, if the payment comes from a paypal balance or from a bank account it is free as long as you do it under "personal transfer".

I am thinking that at once time if you sent a money request and it was for "services" rather than "products" it was either free or less of a charge.

Another option is if you have a website, you could create buttons on PayPal for the amount of the weekly or monthly charge and let them go to your website to pay, but then you would have to double check to make sure they payed the right amount.

If you can do what Andy does, it sounds like that is the best deal yet.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X