Marketing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marketing

Has Anybody Tried Email Marketing? Does It Work? I've Been Looking Into It And It Seems Reasonable To Do Even If You Buy The Email Lists And Have Them Sent For You And With There Software You Can See The Results Such As Who And How Many Are Opening It When Recieved. Reaching Out To Thousands And It Is Cheap To Do.

Any bulk mail goes right to my spam folder. I delet so many of those and never open them. That would be my worry

Comment

Any bulk mail goes right to my spam folder. I delet so many of those and never open them. That would be my worry
      And if enough people report spam from a certain email then you are frigged as it's desperate hard to have it removed and should you write a prospect then there is a good chance you will never get through.
      Andy
      Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

Have you considered doing other online marketing such as harnessing sites like myspace or face book or even twitter?

You can look for people in your geographic area through these sites and that can help you build awareness of your business.

Have you gotten signs on your truck yet to promote your business? Have you told your neighbors you are now in business? Do they all have business cards from you?

It may work better marketing to a smaller immediate area around you right now than trying to cast a large net with your bulk emailing.
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Marketing

Yes To All Except The Face Book, Twitter That Stuff I Know Nothing About If You Could Explain How My Daughters Have A My Space, Facebook, Twitter And They Could Figure It Out For Me. I Will Take Your Advice And Stay Away From Email Thanks A Bunch For That. Doing Door Hangers With The New Stick Back Or Rubber Band Can't Go In Mail Box Against Law I Believe But Can Go Outside Of Box With This New Style Band It Is Easy To Attach Or To Stick On Ft Door, Most I See The Typical Hanger Doesn't Work As Well.

Comment

1 guy can put out 2000 door hangers a day solo with no problem here. Put out 5000 in mid to late Feb. Then another 5000 to the same places in Mar. If need be hit the same one again. On a single round here you can expecta 1-2% call. Thats a min of 50 call backs. If you hangers are real nice and have a price and disc of service those call backs are more likely to be ready. If you can talk about your service and sound good doing it, you can close close to all of them. If you can lock down 50 in a tight area after that they rest will conect the hanger with your truck logo and that to your work

Comment

[QUOTE=mariahealki;62410]Hello Everybody,

I am delighted to come here. It is a great forum QUOTE]

Me too... wow, it has been a looooong time since I visited this site.
              Steve, I have to admit i've been lazy, very lazy. so I apologize for that.

Ok, my question is:
              when to start to promote business?, early spring? or any of you guys follows a "plan" to promote... I see the CKLandsorlando hits the same spot form time to time.

do I go far from my current routs, or stay tight in my area? (far for me will be a 45min drive from my frist house to my last)

Muchas Gracias in advance!

PS: Facebook page is in my future plans.

Comment

I say hit the same places more than once because of 2 things. Most marketing pros say a prospect has to see your add 3 times before they trust it. The other is brand recognition. If they get a fewthings with your logo they'll remember it when they see the truck. If your quality is top notch then they will be more likely to call.

Plus, you want tight routes. So if your doing 20,000 fliers a year you dont want to be going further out to find a door. I would rather pic the places I want and hammer them till I feel I have the work I want. Then let the work and word of mouth do the work

Comment

I say hit the same places more than once because of 2 things. Most marketing pros say a prospect has to see your add 3 times before they trust it. The other is brand recognition. If they get a fewthings with your logo they'll remember it when they see the truck. If your quality is top notch then they will be more likely to call.
                  I know you are in a warmer climate, but when do you suggest going out and distributing your first series of door hangers? What about your 2nd or 3rd time?
                  - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Mid Feb and then every 30 days till your good. If we even get a drop of rain the grass starts growing in late Feb. Plus all those folks that have'nt done anything all winter and now feel over whelmed

Comment

Do you change the marketing material you distribute each time or do you use the same piece?

Do you promote any discounts?

Comment

Gracias for the tips, CKofOrlando!

Thinking about it, is just better to stick around your city, you know the roads and most of the streets, and people will know that you are local...

yes steve, we (Floridians) cut all year around, every other week in winter, and have plenty of palm trees to trim! lol

I should go with a plan like this:
                        Mid-Feb = Door hangers/Flyers [early spring clean ups specials]
                        Early-April = Brochures [get ready for summer, fert, sprinkler tune up specials]
                        May = Yard Signs [summer special]
                        June = ?????

any sugestions?.. is this overwhelming? too much? I really would like to put my name out there! ayuda!

ok, with this we cover the residential side, pero wat about Comercial Properties!

Gracias!

Comment

I do offer coupons. 10% on design and install work. Maybe a free mulch up to a yard with a yearly deal. Mulch is done at the end of the year. Things like that. I did nothing but comercial work for 11 years. You make more off resi. Your capped at 35hr on comercial where I can bring 60hr on resi with good production.Plus on the comercial your numbers is all they care about. Resi wants service. Yard signs are good for install's but I dont know about maint. Unless you cleaned the prop up. I travel alot. I work in 3 counties. I'm not saying dont travel. But you dont want to flier in areas you dont work. So I might flier 2 or 3 places thats close to where I work and then move to the next spot. It's not bad to travel to an area, but once there, you dont want to be running all over the place. You want to drop your gate as little as you can.

Comment

You make more off resi. Your capped at 35hr on comercial where I can bring 60hr on resi with good production.Plus on the comercial your numbers is all they care about. Resi wants service.
                            This is something most every new lawn care business owner does not realize. They look at the big number. They look at how much that commercial account will take in each month and not actually think about how much time it is taking!

How long do you feel it took you to realize that residential accounts make you more money? Did you initially think too that commercial accounts were where the money was at?

I should go with a plan like this:
                            Mid-Feb = Door hangers/Flyers [early spring clean ups specials]
                            Early-April = Brochures [get ready for summer, fert, sprinkler tune up specials]
                            May = Yard Signs [summer special]
                            June = ?????

any sugestions?.. is this overwhelming? too much?
                            I think it is great! It doesn't seem like too much to me. As you get to the point of going out there and doing this, keep us posted on what you find you want to fine tune.

Comment

Well I went after comercial because thats what I always did working for the big comps. It was'nt really a money thing. It dont take long to realize which pays better though. You get 8 houses in a row and knock them all down in 3.5hr. Even if your doing them at 25 your doing more than 50hr. I also feel that resi are much more loyal. I bill year round and in the winter there are weeks when I just dont have anything to do. They still pay. A comercial would have a fit. Plus if they like your quality then they dont care who's cheaper. On comercial the prop manger could love you, but if corp wants new bids your out. Theres plenty of money in comercial if your production is right. It's more the loyal thing that makes me gear towards high end resi. Last 2 years I got 600+ in xmas bonuses from resi clients. You wont get that doing comercial.

Comment

Working...
                              X