Twitter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twitter

Is anyone using twitter to promote their company at all?

I am playing with it but it seems like a goofy way to promote a business unless there is something going on 24/7 that you can 'twit' about. LOL

What's your take on it?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Is anyone using twitter to promote their company at all?

I am playing with it but it seems like a goofy way to promote a business unless there is something going on 24/7 that you can 'twit' about. LOL

What's your take on it?
    I don't see the point of using Twitter for my business, 80% are my clients are seniors and don't know what a computer is

Comment

80% are my clients are seniors and don't know what a computer is
      Good point.

LOL I can picture it now. Here is a customer that sent in a picture of themselves trying to find you on Twitter.

- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

I've heard good things about using Twitter in the business world but for me, it's pointless lol

Comment

Steve, It may just depend on what you are trying to promote.

But I just started twitter two days ago and i have got 4 total orders.
          It may be just because its new and may die out after a while.
          So Far So Good!!!

If you do twitter as a marketing tool, I would suggest keeping it business and not to let people know your every move. Just information about your business.

Does not hurt to get noticed!!
          Artie Crowley
          www.marketingholders.com
          sales@marketingholders.com

Comment

Ultimately do you then just release updates about your products or news about how they are being used? Is that ideal for a business?

Comment

Sorry I was playing with my twitter. lol

I give little info at a time. I will twy to twit two to twelve time a day!

There always something to say, new info, product info, and so much more.
              Now I do not know how many people actualy read my twit.

Steve, When I twit, do you see it when i do it?
              Last edited by arthur712; 08-21-2009, 10:07 AM.
              Artie Crowley
              www.marketingholders.com

Comment

17 Ways You Can Use Twitter: A Guide for Beginners, Marketers and Business Owners

http://www.doshdosh.com/ways-you-can-use-twitter/

Comment

For me it would be useless. Even though the majority of my clients are seniors (95%). I would hate to continuously twit them with blogs. Now it might be something I would consider in the future ... next year perhaps. I am holding the line on getting new clients until spring season when I hire an extra person.

I'd love to know how others find it working in the long run.

Comment

One day we should have a competition with how many stupid tweets you can do in one day

Comment

I just started using twitter and I had 2 calls just yesterday from towns that I have not done work in yet. Coincidence? I don't just send tweets about my company, I also retweet what I think is for my local audience like the local school scores that they tweet or realestate advice or home selling advice etc. Lots of links back to me jut gains more exposure.

Question though?
                      If you tweet on twitter does that make you a twit?
                      Pat

Comment

Hi Pat,

Do you track where new callers initially heard of you from? That could help you find out which of your marketing is working and which isn't.

How do you go about adding potential customers on your twitter?

Comment

I just started using twitter and I had 2 calls just yesterday from towns that I have not done work in yet. Coincidence? I don't just send tweets about my company, I also retweet what I think is for my local audience like the local school scores that they tweet or realestate advice or home selling advice etc. Lots of links back to me jut gains more exposure.

Question though?
                          If you tweet on twitter does that make you a twit?
                          Pat, That is great!

Look me up and I will be your follower. Have you started a Facebook yet?

That is my best marketing, besides my card holders. LOL
                          Artie Crowley
                          www.marketingholders.com

Comment

Christian Chirp

I use Christian Chirp which is the Christian alternative to twitter.

Here is my profile there: http://www.christianchirp.com/profil...enginemechanic

If you sign up on Christian Chirp, you can use a program where you can tweet and chirp at the same time, getting twice the coverage!

Comment

The first thing I did was a search for my town and started following those tweets. Yes I do track where the calls come from. I don't do much in the way of print (still on a tight budget) but what ever I have done has gotten my rankings up there. Lots of nights up till 2 or 3 am working on the web site.
                              Pat

Comment

Working...
                              X