Free employee for ME!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free employee for ME!!!

So thanks to the stimulus package passed by Obama's administration, I was able to pick up an employee. I interviewed several people and found a Marine reserve looking for work.

I set his wages at $15 per hour. All his taxes and wages, and workers comp is paid by the state thanks to the stimulus. So the way it works is he is considered my "intern" while I train him in the green industry.

The internship program is put in place through the SMART Business Resource Center. It is a federally or state funded place that helps people get jobs. It is also a great resource for employers looking for good employees.

Im sure there is a similar program in effect in your area. I highly recommend you check it out.

So my help starts at 8am tomorrow! SWEET!!!!
    Northern California

Shovel ready projects

So thanks to the stimulus package passed by Obama's administration, I was able to pick up an employee. I interviewed several people and found a Marine reserve looking for work.

I set his wages at $15 per hour. All his taxes and wages, and workers comp is paid by the state thanks to the stimulus. So the way it works is he is considered my "intern" while I train him in the green industry.

The internship program is put in place through the SMART Business Resource Center. It is a federally or state funded place that helps people get jobs. It is also a great resource for employers looking for good employees.

Im sure there is a similar program in effect in your area. I highly recommend you check it out.

So my help starts at 8am tomorrow! SWEET!!!!
    This was in our online local community Bulletin Board. South Carolina's Governor refused the stimulus package and was over ridden by the assembly Friday so it is available now.

"They're called 'shovel-ready,' those stimulus projects that have been surveyed, planned for, approved and are ready to go in cities all around America. They've been on hold due to budget issues, but with the new government stimulus plan, they're about to get the green light.

You're going to see lots going on around the Hartsville area and across South Carolina - from road repair, airport and transit upgrades to school refurbishment, the "greening" of local communities and new technology. There are nearly 19,000 of these stimulus projects ready to ramp up nationwide, estimated to generate over 1,600,000 new jobs for 2009 and 2010".

Check your localities for these projects.
    Steve

Comment

That is excellent news, when we get in a position to add staff and additional equipment to expand, if managed, makes a massive difference to your business, especially the bottom line. Just on a side note, if he will be using equipment and vehicles, make sure your insurance is aware, here they also require a copy of their drivers abstract.
      Andy
      Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

How long does the government allow this 'intern' period to last for?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

How long does the government allow this 'intern' period to last for?
          Its set at 3 months at a time. So after 3 months I can see able renewing his internship, or possible finding another person to train.
          Northern California

Comment

Thats quite amazing! I can't wait to hear how all this turns out.
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
            Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Working...
            X