Employee steals $200,000 from lco

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employee steals $200,000 from lco

WOW can you imagine this? Your bookkeeper steals almost $200,000 from your business?

Have you ever been concerned about this?

Have you known this to happen to any other business owner?

Former bookkeeper, son sentenced to prison for embezzlement - The former bookkeeper of a lawn and tree care business and her son were each sentenced Thursday to two to four years in prison for stealing nearly $200,000 from the business.

Janice Templin, 68, also was ordered to repay nearly $195,000, and her son, 31-year-old Matthew Templin, ordered to pay restitution of nearly $66,000 to Eden Lawn Care and Tree Service of Lincoln.

Janice Templin was convicted of embezzling the money from the business from December 2002 through October 2005. Police said she used the money for her son's business, Big Red Towing, and for maintenance and improvements to his race car.
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

sucks to be on both sides of that. just pray it never happens to you.

Comment

That is why I have always handled the books. I doubt that they will ever see that money though

Comment

That sucks. I know someone who had their LCO steal 100k from him. He is kind of cripple, and the LCO went in his house, stole his check book, and stole over 100k.

Their are so many crazy asses out their it is sick.
        2000 Ford F350 Dump Truck V10 8\'6\" Western
        2006 Chevy 2500HD 8ft Western
        2005 8x20ft Haulmark Enclosed Trailer
        Exmark Rider and WB and Stihl Handhelds

Comment

Working...
        X