Landscaper Jailed After Mowing Down Ducklings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landscaper Jailed After Mowing Down Ducklings

Who does this? I can understand enjoying duck for dinner but really dude???

(NEWSER) A Florida landscaper faces prison time after he mowed down a family of ducklings. Jason Falbo, 24, claims it was unintentional, but a couple and their young son who watched the scene unfold aren't buying it, and, so far, neither are police, reports the Palm Beach Post. It happened in Wellington, as Falbo mowed the back yard of Boyd Jentzsch and Laura Gontchar. The husband and wife had put food out for the ducklings and were watching with their 7-year-old son as the mother duck led them out of a lake to feed. That's when they say Falbo deliberately headed for the ducks on his riding mower, ran them over, and hit them again in reverse. Seven died instantly, and two more made it back to the water and drowned, say police. Only the mother and two ducklings survived.

"We were horrified," Jentzsch tells the Sun Sentinel. He, his wife, and their son, Kai, ran after Falbo as he neared the ducks screaming for him to stop, to no avail. The family says Falbo was laughing on his second pass over the ducks. They booted him from the property and called animal control, and Falbo was charged with nine counts of animal cruelty. His employer tells CBS12 that Falbo is "kind-hearted" and wouldn't have run over the ducks on purpose. He says Falbo didn't see them in the tall grass and backed up after the first pass only because he wanted to avoid hitting more ducks in front of him. He is being held on $27,000 bond. (Elsewhere in Florida, a woman faces animal cruelty charges over goldfish.)

http://www.newser.com/story/206935/l...=wid_gri_3_pop

I saw this the other day. I was tempted to change the tagline on my website to "We don't run over animals".

Comment

I saw this too and thought to myself, this person must be 'off'.

I feel bad for his employer. Can you imagine sending someone out to represent your company and mow lawns for you, then you get a phone call and hear this?
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I saw this too and thought to myself, this person must be 'off'.

I feel bad for his employer. Can you imagine sending someone out to represent your company and mow lawns for you, then you get a phone call and hear this?
        Still laughing at Cut's comment. No doubt I swear I think I'd have to go gator hunting with that guy were he my employee, if you know what I mean. Someone like that is just an azz hair from doing it to a person.

I pass ducks and think, awww check out the ducks. I carry a pistol I don't shoot the damn things!

Comment

it is pretty scary to think how fast an employee could give your company a bad name...the owner should donate 10% of revenue next month to an animal shelter...this would be a way to turn such a negative thing into a positive thing... his business could grow bc of this...by just sticking up for his employee (which would be ok under the right circumstances but not this one) he is giving his company an awful name...

I have seem some big companies turn such a negative thing into a positive one...chick fil a had a big thing a couple years ago..many other but just can't think of them off the top of my head....delta *when they charged soldiers for checking bags coming back from Iraq)

Comment

the owner should donate 10% of revenue next month to an animal shelter...this would be a way to turn such a negative thing into a positive thing... his business could grow bc of this.
            That is a very good point. He could also contact the local press and let them know what he is doing which could in turn end up getting him positive press and hopefully more customers.
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
            Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X