Employee Training Videos, Etc.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employee Training Videos, Etc.

Does anyone know of a resource for Fertilization, weed & insect control training videos or programs for newly hired employees? I'm working on new hire training and want a complete program but don't want to reinvent the wheel if it already exists.

Also, any good sources for weed images for training and my website?

Thanks for any advice!
    Providing Responsible Lawn Solutions

Are you talking about training them when they are starting with no experience doing this?

How does your state handle employees and licensing to apply fertilizer?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Are you talking about training them when they are starting with no experience doing this?

How does your state handle employees and licensing to apply fertilizer?
      I'm talking about new hire training but whether or not they have experience, I'd like to maintain the same training program. Often times previous training may have been poor or bad habits could have been developed. I want to set the expectations from the onset.

The Dept. of Ag rules state they can work under a certified commercial applicator, however we will expect them to test and pass the same exam prior to applying products. As you may have noted, our company will be new in the market and we will be operating with high standards. There is no substitute for quality initial and ongoing training.
      Last edited by Trupro; 03-05-2015, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Something you might want to consider is using an employee handbook. We have at least two lawn care employee handbooks on this page, in the 2nd post.

Maybe you could use them as a core which you could then create your training handbook around?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Something you might want to consider is using an employee handbook. We have at least two lawn care employee handbooks on this page, in the 2nd post.

Maybe you could use them as a core which you could then create your training handbook around?
          I'm going to take you up on the handbook! I spent most of the last 3 days working on initial training to coincide with state study books. I also found a lot of good videos from several universities that I incorporated. Plus UGA has a training program that I will use for continuing education. Verifiable training is so important especially when you consider pesticide application.

Comment

Keep us posted on what you come up with. Any ideas you can share would be very helpful for others down the road looking to do the same thing.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X