Hiring Subs over Temps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiring Subs over Temps

I read a few past threads on this subject but want to get some up to date opinions on the subject. Being a one man army can be overwhelming at times. My schedule is typically booked day to day. Weather and other situations can put me behind and there are times I struggle to get back on track.

This thread is more from a legal standpoint. I know you can find cheap help in a pinch but not willing to take the risk if something happens. I rather have a pool of sub-contractors I can call if need be. I read sub-contractors can be a bad idea due to they can potentially steal your accounts. The accounts I would sub-out would be the less desirable properties I service. This way if they try to steal my account, I'm not too worry about it anyway. I would like to know more of the pros and cons of hiring sub-contractors?

Weather and other situations can put me behind and there are times I struggle to get back on track.
    To catch up on scheduled jobs, have you considered hiring from a local temp agency that would provide the employees with workman's comp insurance? It might be worth a few phone calls to see what kind of fees are associated with it.
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

In the past, I have found the temps to be cost prohibitive vin my area. You are paying for the person and the agency's fees, overhead and profit.

Comment

What options do you feel are better when you need staff sporadically to help catch up when you are behind?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X