How much do you up sell employee time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much do you up sell employee time

If you pay an employee $12 an hour how, how much do you bill the costumer per that hour? (If you decided to charge job by hour and gave then an estimate of 4 hours for job to be compete)

For my self I charge avg. $55 per hour.

If job takes total of 2 hrs x 2 ppl(me and my 1 employee) a total of 4hrs per one do you charge $55 x 4hrs?

If your labor rate is $55 pmh that's what you bid/bill at. It also depends on the task, a skilled enhancement laborer will be billed higher than one with a shovel slinging mulch.

Comment

Ok, A temp employee company gives him say 10 an hour, they charge YOU 20.

If you pay them 20 you charge 40.

When I worked for a contractor, he charged 40 per hour for labor, 60 per hour for skilled labor, 80 per hour for journeyman, and 125 for master level.

BTW maser level got 25 per hour.

Do you understand why contractors get rich?

Now yes insurance takes some, taxes take some, etc but the contractor still puts about 75 per hour in his pocket for master level workers.

Comment

I bill every hour at $60, regardless. I do expect my employees to work hard and not slack though, and I do pay better than most other LCOs in the area.

Comment

I I do pay better than most other LCOs in the area.
          Gee (sarcasm) I wondered how you got good help. You mean if I pay some one say 15 dollars and hour (and expect more out of him) then some smchoo who gets 9 bucks, I would better off?

Who would have ever thought?

I Pay 15 to 25 per hour when I need helpers, (Not very often), and still put 25 an hour in my pocket.

They work their asses off when you pay them right, and treat them right. You know cold water, a little shade time now and then, and not always yelling like an idiot at them.

I try very hard to treat people like I wanted to be treated when I was working for wages, not like I was treated by some. It really goes a long way.

Comment

High wages don't always equate to a higher caliber employee.......

Comment

jrs,
              You are right, high wages does not equal high caliber employees.

But high wages does equal high expectations of the employee. They have to earn their pay. If not, they are gone.

Comment

Gee (sarcasm) I wondered how you got good help. You mean if I pay some one say 15 dollars and hour (and expect more out of him) then some smchoo who gets 9 bucks, I would better off?

Who would have ever thought?

I Pay 15 to 25 per hour when I need helpers, (Not very often), and still put 25 an hour in my pocket.

They work their asses off when you pay them right, and treat them right. You know cold water, a little shade time now and then, and not always yelling like an idiot at them.

I try very hard to treat people like I wanted to be treated when I was working for wages, not like I was treated by some. It really goes a long way.
                Finally, another LCO who doesn't just want to burn through employees by offering low wages, high expectations, and poor working conditions. Not saying anyone one here is like this, but I have worked for some before.

Comment

acrajchel it's nice to know somebody 'gets it'. I used to work construction, made damn good money, promoted to site super, learned how to speak to people in the military. If he doesn't know what he is doing, train him. If he forgets retrain him. In the military you don't get to choose your subordinates, you get assigned them. If they don't know what their doing it's YOUR fault.
                  Why in Gods name would I spend time training you to do the job, pay you ****, and watch you go somewhere else and make better money?

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X