Employee Perks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employee Perks

What kind of perks do you give your employees? I was thinking about giving them some kind of commission or bonus for landing us new work. What do you think is a good incentive?

I know a guy who pays his mowing crew 12%. Meaning they make however much they do. The more work they bring in, the more yards they mow, the more they make. But in my eyes, a 3 man crew, that's 36% off the top. I don't know how he lives like that, I know he doesn't pay sales tax like I do. So that's another 8.25% there. But he had a problem with employees slacking off. With his new method the one who needs the money doesn't let the other screw off all day.

Comment

I tell my guys ill give them 10% of any job they bring in. I had a guy cold calling this year for that 10%. I did end up giving 2 quotes off that but didnt get either one. He wouldve made about $1500 in commissions.

Other then that if you dont brake anything you might get paid.

Comment

A good friend of my family is actually a landscaping mogul. He has 10-15 crews out every day, 4 guys/crew.

the perk for his employees is they get the "privilege" to landscape the owner's yard when the work is slow. And not that noticeable landscaping like mulching, he has them dig ditches and re-direct water drainage. Making them work for that $8/hr!

Comment

I tell my guys ill give them 10% of any job they bring in. I had a guy cold calling this year for that 10%. I did end up giving 2 quotes off that but didnt get either one. He wouldve made about $1500 in commissions.

Other then that if you dont brake anything you might get paid.
          That last sentance is the key, Dont break my sh*t, and do what I tell you, when I tell you, and how I tell you to do it and you will get your paycheck.

Comment

What about if I have a lawn care operator that knows how to run big equipment (skidsteer, backhoe, bulldozer, ect.) should I offer more money to those people to run equipment on landscaping jobs?

Comment

What about if I have a lawn care operator that knows how to run big equipment (skidsteer, backhoe, bulldozer, ect.) should I offer more money to those people to run equipment on landscaping jobs?
              Pay him a fair hourly wage

Comment

Of course you should. If he has the skills make him a foreman, so whens hes not using equipment hes leading the crews.

Comment

They get the perk of eating because I give them the job. If you want to give a bonus and such, do it at Christmas time. Most people can use a little help then. If you give it too soon they will blow it and be broke by Christmas.

Or you can do things like paying them a little less per hour but pay them all year round. Some will obviously not have as much down time as others.
                  Pat

Comment

What kind of perks do you give your employees? I was thinking about giving them some kind of commission or bonus for landing us new work. What do you think is a good incentive?
                    Have you looked at your financials to figure out what you could give as such an incentive?

Would the commission differ at all if the job were one time or weekly?
                    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Have you looked at your financials to figure out what you could give as such an incentive?

Would the commission differ at all if the job were one time or weekly?
                      I am currently trying to make my book keeping more managable, so I can crunch numbers futher and have a better understanding of all my costs.

I guess that would depend partially on what kind of job they lined up. Am I putting up a mailbox for the guy that buys all his materials so you cant make anything more than installation. Or is it several thousand dollars of landscaping work.
                      I am just looking for some ideas on what others are doing, as I have never done anything like this, but I do see it as a chance to boost moral and make us money at the same time.

Comment

I agree with you. I think if there is an incentive to sell, employees will focus more on selling. When they do, everyone benefits from it.
                        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Working...
                        X