How to charge clients when bringing on a helper for the first time???? HELP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to charge clients when bringing on a helper for the first time???? HELP

So I currently charge $40p hr and Im one of the few lic/ins yard guys in my area. I pay my helper $12p hr

and wanted to know do I just deduct that from my $40 an hour or do I say charge 65 and hr and make a few off my helper because I getting work done way faster.

Some guys charge 40 per head here in washington and some charge 40 for 2 but dont think these guys are paying taxes,ins,lic.

What is the right thing to do. To stay profitable I cant just pay someone and make less do I ? Plus I have to pay ins on the additional help.

What do people pay thier employees? What do you charge customers?

When I give a quote, I pretend I'm doing it by myself. How long will it take me? That's what you charge the customer.

You can get a lot more done in a day with a good helper. Yes you should make money off your help, if your not, why bother growing bigger?

Having help doesn't increase or lower what you should charge for any particular lawn. Time is money in this business, the quicker you get it done, the more you profit, with or without help.
    Don't Keep Replacing Lawn Sprinkler Heads
    Protect them with "Sprinkler Buddy"
    CLICK HERE > http://www.sprinklerbuddy.com

Comment

I charge by the man hour. Doesn't matter if its just me or me and a helper. If alone it takes two hours it should take you and a helper 1 hour combined. So they are still charged the two man hours for the job.

Case in point for me is leaves. Man hour =$45 with equipment useage. This covers fuel wear and tear and wage for said machine.
      Six hour leaf job = $270+ tax. It should take us 3 hours +or - its still six hours of work. The extra I keep if its quocker or eat if its longer.
      I am good to my guy I give him extra when its hot or he works his butt of and we finish early I still make more but throw him 20 more that day cash. I'll buy him a drink lunch or cigs here and there. He is happy and he is a good worker rarely does he stop working he will do small extras for the customers if I am still mowing before he can blow it down. He only stopped once talking to my gf and as soon as the mower shut off he told her gotta go picked up the blower and went to work. This weekend he had to move so I offered him my open trailer. Happy employees are good employees in my eyes.
      Last edited by Liberty Landscaping LLC; 09-06-2012, 02:50 PM.
      Liberty Landscaping LLC
      www.libertylndscpng.com
      Woodbridge, NJ

Comment

I agree with liberty.

Comment

I charge by the man hour. Doesn't matter if its just me or me and a helper. If alone it takes two hours it should take you and a helper 1 hour combined. So they are still charged the two man hours for the job.

Case in point for me is leaves. Man hour =$45 with equipment useage. This covers fuel wear and tear and wage for said machine.
          Six hour leaf job = $270+ tax. It should take us 3 hours +or - its still six hours of work. The extra I keep if its quocker or eat if its longer.
          I am good to my guy I give him extra when its hot or he works his butt of and we finish early I still make more but throw him 20 more that day cash. I'll buy him a drink lunch or cigs here and there. He is happy and he is a good worker rarely does he stop working he will do small extras for the customers if I am still mowing before he can blow it down. He only stopped once talking to my gf and as soon as the mower shut off he told her gotta go picked up the blower and went to work. This weekend he had to move so I offered him my open trailer. Happy employees are good employees in my eyes.
          You said it right there my friend.

Comment

like the others ,I just charge man hours .In your case two guys per hour would be $80.00 , the theory is you should get twice the work done with two guys as you would by yourself .

Comment

Happy employees are good employees in my eyes.
              I can't wait until I have an employee like that.

Comment

The point of having help is to get done faster so you can move on to the next job. So if you're looking at bringing on help then I'd try to add a few more jobs on and then it pays for itself regardless of how you charge.

Comment

Working...
                X