Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• element009
    replied
    If these conditions are lacking, someone in this country illegally would be hard pressed to exist in that geographic area.

So what about you? Do you see this in your market?

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    replied
    But alas, I guess this issue is more localized than I thought.
    It may come down to that. Certain areas may have more infrastructure set up to host people who are illegally in this country. By that I mean, family or friends to help support them.

If these conditions are lacking, someone in this country illegally would be hard pressed to exist in that geographic area.

Leave a comment:

• element009
    replied
    might be h2b's
    I don't think so. Most of the dudes are straight up illegal, hence the cash payments.

$9-$12/hr! I call it a good month if I made minimum wage.
    I got paid $12/hr last summer and it was not easy to pay for things by any stretch of the imagination. People generally have higher salaries in this state, but the cost of living is near the highest in the country. So 9-12/hr here might be the same real value as minimum wage elsewhere.

But alas, I guess this issue is more localized than I thought.

Leave a comment:

• Ducke
    replied
    Well not really having that kind of problem up here.
    I think that just because your from another planet shouldn't make you illegal.
    although I do believe they should have the proper space travel documents when they arrive if they expect to work here.
    I think it would be cool to work with a alien.

Leave a comment:

• mark123
    replied
    You should call your company something that has the initials I.C.E. and make an official looking logo. Then drive around the other guy's jobs and watch the illegals run.

Leave a comment:

• MountainViewGreenskeeper
    replied
    I wouldn't hire an illegal alien.

I have sympathy for you though. Since your competition hires them it is tough for you to have competitive prices. You might have to choose between struggling and standing by your principles.

Some, maybe many, lawn care customers would like to know that you don't hire them so you could advertise that your employees are all legal to work here.

I live in the Southwest in a small town just 80 miles from the border.

I would do your best and advertise that you use English speaking crew. I know this is later down the road for you but I know we have gotten jobs cause the crew speaks English.

It really comes down to you and the company you want to be.

Leave a comment:

• Jack Rabbit
    replied
    I wouldn't hire an illegal alien.

I have sympathy for you though. Since your competition hires them it is tough for you to have competitive prices. You might have to choose between struggling and standing by your principles.

Some, maybe many, lawn care customers would like to know that you don't hire them so you could advertise that your employees are all legal to work here.

I live in the Southwest in a small town just 80 miles from the border.

Leave a comment:

• shadrach
    replied
    Here in NJ, and a lot of other areas of the country I'm sure, almost every lawncare/landscaping company that I know hires illegal immigrants to some degree, mostly from Mexico, El Salvador, Guatemala, etc.
    might be h2b's

Leave a comment:

• calebmoss
    replied
    If you call an illegal alien an undocumented worker than lets call the crack dealer on the street corner an unlicenced pharmisit.

I think its wrong theres plenty of americans that need a job.

Leave a comment:

• mark123
    replied
    I think if you knowingly hire an illegal alien then you should lose your business. If you don't care about that law why would you care about the rest. You become a criminal in my sight and I won't associate with you.

Leave a comment:

• element009
    replied
    Sure I would. I just want to know about the experience of others in this situation I never see anybody talking about it, but I know it's an unavoidable fact of running an LCO in New Jersey and other places as well.

Leave a comment:

• Hedgemaster
    replied
    No. You really don't want to hear my thoughts on this...

Leave a comment:

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X