Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• element009
    replied
    ya i currently work alone i just have a small side business right now due to the fact that i am a college student. When I get out of school and have a lot of my time freed up i would like to expand and possibly hire people. And as far as the under the table workers I dont know if you have ever heard of brickmen they are damn near everywhere and all they have are mexicans and a white guy driving the truck obviously the person in a supervisor position.
    Hey Ryan you're right about Brickman. They are all over Jersey too. There's a guy in my neighborhood who is an "account executive" for them, aka a "white guy driving the truck" He actually approached me while I was working on his neighbor's house and gave me his card. He said if my business doesn't work out to give him a call because hard working Americans are hard to find, but they need them to supervise their non-english speaking labor force and, more importantly, be the nice American face for the customers. I pray to God I never have to take him up on that offer.

Leave a comment:

• Ryan's Lawn Care
    replied
    I have a problem with these statements.
    Why do you think we have such a High cost of living ??????
    wait he's still thinking on this one
    Consumerism

DING DING DING
    If everyone was happy with a small two bed house and one small compact car two kids and one dog, But were not we are greedy little buggers who what more more bigger bigger hence driving both people out in to the work force to earn more so they can buy more and try to be better and bigger then the Jones next door.
    Its what you guy south of Canada call the American Dream or what I call a load of crap We need to stop counting our toys and start counting our blessings.
    considering in my area that some of the houses go for 7oo thousand and the median income in my area is 60k a year it would take a dual income just to survive.Now im not saying people dont buy a lot of useless crap because they sure do but not being able to afford things when you earn a good living because of crap spending habits is pathetic. I know someone that makes 70k a year and filled for bankruptcy for the second time now cus she cannot manage money. Sometimes living without cable tv and not going out to eat for every meal is better in the long run.

Leave a comment:

• Hedgemaster
    replied
    So, are you guys going to hire illegals to work on your farms?

Just trying to keep the thread on topic.

Leave a comment:

• mark123
    replied
    I know what you mean I have been watching Investments like a Hawk.
    I am starting to think my mattress is safer then the stock market right now.
    I been thinking of selling the house and buying a small hobby farm were I can sustain myself if needed.
    A couple cows ,goats chickens duck a horse or two and an 1-2 acre vegetable garden along with some assorted fruit trees.
    Then the whole thing can collapse and I won't care.
    Sounds like a great plan. If everything goes as planned then I'm going to have my house paid off by June of next year and then I'm going to try to buy some land in the country for something similar. A huge fruit and veggie farm with a composting business on the side. I've got to learn how to do canning.

Leave a comment:

• Ducke
    replied
    Yep, Ducke. It's supply and demand. Cause and effect. We set the prices by our buying habits ...

... but ...

... the US government being able to print more money to pay their unpayable bills doesn't help the equation. Superinflation, coming up! It affects Canada, too.
    I know what you mean I have been watching Investments like a Hawk.
    I am starting to think my mattress is safer then the stock market right now.
    I been thinking of selling the house and buying a small hobby farm were I can sustain myself if needed.
    A couple cows ,goats chickens duck a horse or two and an 1-2 acre vegetable garden along with some assorted fruit trees.
    Then the whole thing can collapse and I won't care.

Leave a comment:

• mark123
    replied
    Yep, Ducke. It's supply and demand. Cause and effect. We set the prices by our buying habits ...

... but ...

... the US government being able to print more money to pay their unpayable bills doesn't help the equation. Superinflation, coming up! It affects Canada, too.
    Last edited by mark123; 10-02-2011, 03:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ducke
    replied
    thats a nice thought and all but im sorry consumerism is not responsible for the fact that many families need to have a dual income. It's the fact that the cost of living is much higher now.
    I have a problem with these statements.
    Why do you think we have such a High cost of living ??????
    wait he's still thinking on this one
    Consumerism

DING DING DING
    If everyone was happy with a small two bed house and one small compact car two kids and one dog, But were not we are greedy little buggers who what more more bigger bigger hence driving both people out in to the work force to earn more so they can buy more and try to be better and bigger then the Jones next door.
    Its what you guy south of Canada call the American Dream or what I call a load of crap We need to stop counting our toys and start counting our blessings.

Leave a comment:

• Ryan's Lawn Care
    replied
    Ryan, do you currently work alone like me? Do you have ambitions to eventually hire people? I'm guessing in MD there may be some similarities in workforce demographics to NJ. Do you see a lot of competition w/ under-the-table workers?
    ya i currently work alone i just have a small side business right now due to the fact that i am a college student. When I get out of school and have a lot of my time freed up i would like to expand and possibly hire people. And as far as the under the table workers I dont know if you have ever heard of brickmen they are damn near everywhere and all they have are mexicans and a white guy driving the truck obviously the person in a supervisor position.

Leave a comment:

• Ryan's Lawn Care
    replied
    thats a nice thought and all but im sorry consumerism is not responsible for the fact that many families need to have a dual income. It's the fact that the cost of living is much higher now.

Leave a comment:

• Ducke
    replied
    Its not only Illegal Migrants.
    Here in Canada I know guy born and raised in Canada but when times are tough especially in the winter off season they will work skill trade jobs for cash.
    Hey ya got to make ends meet and sometimes you just gotta do what ya got to do.

Its all about the money and an attitude we North Americans have of more more more. GREED
    Think about it if we didn't keep demanding more more more and were happy with what we have. We could still buy Coke for a nickle and gas for a quarter.
    The men would work and women would stay home and raise the family of 2.5 children. oh life would be so simple so nice. so 1950s.

God I watch way to much TV and the codeine is fogging up my brain.

Well you see what I'm saying it not all about illegals its home grown too.

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    replied
    I have also filed lawsuits against companies for useing illegals.
    How did that all come about? And what kind of results came from it? I am sure others would be interested to know as well.

Leave a comment:

• element009
    replied
    one of my customers told me he wont hire mexicans to mow his lawn and that he likes the job i do and the fact i can speak english. So I'd say u need to look at that aspect as well.
    Ryan, do you currently work alone like me? Do you have ambitions to eventually hire people? I'm guessing in MD there may be some similarities in workforce demographics to NJ. Do you see a lot of competition w/ under-the-table workers?

Leave a comment:

• Ryan's Lawn Care
    replied
    one of my customers told me he wont hire mexicans to mow his lawn and that he likes the job i do and the fact i can speak english. So I'd say u need to look at that aspect as well.

Leave a comment:

• element009
    replied
    I live and work near Tampa FLorida. If I can prove tht any of my competition is useing illegles I turn em in. Call the sherriff and demand thay arrest the worker, the supervisor, and the owner of the comapny. I have also filed lawsuits against companies for useing illegals. I dont and wont hire em. I use Everify for everyone. No Felons, No child mosters etc. My liability is too damn high to take a chance.
    Damn. I guess that's a good way to ensure the competition doesn't have an illegal advantage.

Is this something you've dealt with on multiple occasions? How common are illegals in your area/market? And have you made enemies of your competition?

Leave a comment:

• stevef1201
    replied
    I live and work near Tampa FLorida. If I can prove tht any of my competition is useing illegles I turn em in. Call the sherriff and demand thay arrest the worker, the supervisor, and the owner of the comapny. I have also filed lawsuits against companies for useing illegals. I dont and wont hire em. I use Everify for everyone. No Felons, No child mosters etc. My liability is too damn high to take a chance.

Leave a comment:

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X