No announcement yet.

Employees

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a home down the street from me whose lawn IS being destroyed by a service that uses a zero turn - ruts everywhere.
    The grass is fine, but there are rows of depressions from the machinery.

This is what I fear most about moving to a walk behind or riding mower. How much do I have to be concerned about messing up the lawn?

Comment

The same as a push. You hopefully don't mow the same direction every visit for the last few years. Its just a little more weight per sq in; a lot more weight but bigger tires spread it out. If you are smart about it you will be fine.
      Colton
      Mountain View Greenskeeper proudly offering yard care in the East Valley of Arizona.

Comment

There's a home down the street from me whose lawn IS being destroyed by a service that uses a zero turn - ruts everywhere.
        The grass is fine, but there are rows of depressions from the machinery.

This is what I fear most about moving to a walk behind or riding mower. How much do I have to be concerned about messing up the lawn?

It's pretty rare to ruin a lawn with a tractor, it's possible - but it seems to only happen on certain lawns. It's hard to describe which lawns, but you'll feel it.

You'll know to make wide turns, and to go slower.

Comment

i never thought about running two mowers at the same time. huh...

Comment

i never thought about running two mowers at the same time. huh...
            They need to make a "roomba" witch if I spelled it right is a automatic room cleaner but for your lawn. now before you say they do I'm talkin the size of a zero turn where you just set it and go, then while thats going you trim/blow and/or do bushes.
            Colton
            Mountain View Greenskeeper proudly offering yard care in the East Valley of Arizona.

Comment

Working...
            X