No announcement yet.

employee pay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm pretty sure paying the guys from the time they report for work at the shop (you decide what time this will be), to the time they get back to the shop is standard.

If you had them meet you at a job location as opposed to meet you at the shop then you could get away with paying them from the time they start the first job.

Comment

I only pay for work when work is being done. Most of my houses are 15-20 min apart. I cannot afford to pay them while we are driving. Hell Im not even getting paid. My guys understand that. Work is paid by the job, not hourly!

Comment

when I worked for my last employer we were paid on a production basis.
        so harder you worked the more you made.

Comment

That kind of work can be taken as extra hours of work and you must appreciate him for his extra effort in running and managing your business. Such employees are hard to find. I haven't been lucky enough to have such workers for my firm. All are work shy.

Comment

I am the owner and the crew supervisor. The guys start getting paid at the first job site to the last job site and they get 2 paid 15 min breaks, one in the morning hours and one in the afternoon hours, but I don't pay for 1/2 hour lunch.

Where I worked at years ago, they paid the crew foreman's from 8:00am to the time they got done unloading at the end of the day. Laborers were paid starting at first job till end of last job, and no paid lunch. Foreman was responsible for loading and unloading etc.

Comment

I don't use anyone full time yet. Right now I pay them a percentage of what they bring in. Many of the LCO's in our area do this. Keeps them from milking the jobs.

Comment

Working...
              X