Firing an employee cause he smokes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firing an employee cause he smokes?

Can you imagine firing an employee because he smokes? Do you think this is a good idea or a bad one?

Smoker says company violated his rights when they fired him - A 30-year-old man who has smoked for more than a decade filed a lawsuit Wednesday against The Scotts Co., alleging the lawn and garden company violated his privacy and civil rights when it fired him because he smokes.

Scott Rodrigues, of Bourne, claims he was fired from the lawn-care job he had for several weeks after a drug test came up positive for nicotine. But he said he wasn't told he would be tested for the substance and was told the company would help him quit.
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

many employers here actually state that non-smokers only need apply. I think it saves them on insurance premiums.

Comment

How far do you think this can be taken? Will employers one day have employees sign contracts that they won't eat fatty foods because it causes heart problems?
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

we need more government in are life

Comment

Working...
        X