DBA Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DBA Question

If a get a DBA what does that mean for tax situations?
    Can i claim equipment that i bought or gas or anything?

I don't think it has any impact on taxes/deductions. I could be wrong though.

Comment

You can claim anything you buy for the business. That is the cost for doing business. Include equipment, gasoline, mulch, anything that you need to buy to do a job is business expense. Save all receipts.
      http://www.lunchesruslawncare.com

Comment

If you are operating a business even with your own name such as Joe Smith. You pay taxes on the money you make and deduct what the irs allows you to deduct.

The dba just allows you to use a fictitious name such as Super lawn care.

You and the business are still one entity vs if you create a corporation. Then your business is a separate entity with it's own tax.

Does this help?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

you will have to do a schedule C on your tax return, if i recall correctly. I turned that over to a CPA some time ago. It was quite simple when I did it myself. Just keep good records.

Comment

you will have to do a schedule C on your tax return, if i recall correctly.
            John, was that for the dba? Can you explain to everyone what the schedule c is?
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
            Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Dillon,
              You are in the same state as I am. I meet with a CPA and he said my tax bases would be about 29% of my net income. Keep milage on your truck. My CPA said it would be about 150.00 for him to do my taxes. I think it is probably worth it.
              If you want to find someone who will take time to walk you through it, go to Daveramsey.com and clic on the ELP to find who he recommends in your area.
              I started mowing in Memphis years ago. If I can help in anyway send me a PM. I still have some connections there.

Comment

Dillon,
                You are in the same state as I am. I meet with a CPA and he said my tax bases would be about 29% of my net income. Keep milage on your truck. My CPA said it would be about 150.00 for him to do my taxes. I think it is probably worth it.
                If you want to find someone who will take time to walk you through it, go to Daveramsey.com and clic on the ELP to find who he recommends in your area.
                I started mowing in Memphis years ago. If I can help in anyway send me a PM. I still have some connections there.
                That is exactly how I found my CPA. Can't go wrong with Dave Ramsey's ELP's.

Matt

Comment

Working...
                X