the pursuit of happiness vs family time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe because I'm still young.

They always ask me if i'm returning to school (this september). I'm like no freakin' way. I am done and done.... some even think I am still in high school for god sakes.

I'm sorry if I'm venting too much but I had to let it out

1. That does aggravate me when customers ask if I go to school, I'm done & I'm done is my answer as well! Though usually if you tell them a little bit about your purpose they kinda take you more seriously. I keep a beard sometimes, it's lawn service man.

2. No one vents as much as me on this forum, I hold the crown. I sometimes hate doing it, but this forum has got to be full of the most sympathetic & understanding bunch of people. Everyone here also likes to laugh.. right... right?

As soon as I press a button, I'm writing a damn novel. Feels good, though I feel bad for the readers, hahaha!

Rock on, go Canada!

Comment

2. No one vents as much as me on this forum, I hold the crown. I sometimes hate doing it, but this forum has got to be full of the most sympathetic & understanding bunch of people. Everyone here also likes to laugh.. right... right?
      Pretty soon were going to give/make you your own forum so you can write all your stories

Comment

I sometimes hate doing it, but this forum has got to be full of the most sympathetic & understanding bunch of people. Everyone here also likes to laugh.. right... right
        If you are dealing with it, others are too. They just may be to timid to type it but you are helping them.
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I would recommend that you all read Over The Top by Zig Zigglar. It is a very good read and discusses these very issues. It will change your way of thinking and it is a lot less than the $500 lol.
          Pat

Comment

What about that book stood out to you?
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

The main thing that stood out was the description of the difference between passion and obsession.

Passion is good

Obsession is bad.

I don't have it in front of me to quote but it really puts things in perspective. Also how he explains that failure is an event not a person.
              Pat

Comment

Also how he explains that failure is an event not a person.
                That sounds to be very important!

By seeing it like that, you don't internalize it and begin to feel like you are a failure.

If it is an event, you can write it off and move forwards with no negative mental downside.

Comment

Working...
                X