No announcement yet.

Photos and bios needed from forum members

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am going to try and keep the book cheap. With the website that is going to print it and bind it, they have a rolling scale of how much minimum you can charge based on many factors including the # of pages, binding and color settings etc, but I do hope I can keep it that cheap.
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

How's the book coming along ?

Can't wait to see it Steve

Comment

Still working on it. I am really pumped because now that I got the first book online and for sale at amazon, I got an idea how to do it and I am looking forwards to getting this next one out too.

Stop Lowballing! A Lawn Care Business Owner's Guide To Success. My new book. Now available at amazon.com
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

In the mist of hurricane Katina Quick & Clean lawn care was founded by owners, Blaine and Shelley Dennison. Armed with only a hand-me -down mower and a broom, we started advetising on local yahoo groups, like craiglist, and Lakeveiw rebuild
          By the sunmmer of 06 we had over 20 customers across The New Orleans metro area. over the summer we upgaded our equipment to a john deere EZ Trac ZTR Echo brand *trimmer and hand held blower.
          Today Quick & Clean lawn care is now an LLC and is progressivly growing and upgrading. Now equiped with 2 john deeres, echo weed trimmers and back packblowers we continue to service the still storm ravaged New Orleans area with quality work.
          Anyone needing our services in Orleans or Jefferson Parsh, can fill free to call Blaine or Shelley @ (504) 469-7121
          Or email Quickcleanlawn@bellsouth.net

Comment

Hey Steve,
            Are you still looking for Bios & Pics?

Ben
            Ben Belhorn
            Gotta Mow Lawn Maintenance

Comment

Yes I am.

I will let everyone know when I am finished.

I am looking forwards to yours Ben.

Comment

Gotta Mow Lawn Maintenance. *A short history and some background on the owner.

Ben Belhorn founded Gotta Mow Lawn Maintenance in the summer of 2008, with a belief that he had the energy, drive, determination and skills to get a small lawn care company off the ground…. Or perhaps on the ground would be a better term. *Ben had been looking for a second job to supplement his income from his full time job and had been running into some difficulties. *You see Ben works third shift for the Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) and whatever job he takes would have to go away in the winter. *During the winter months ODOT employees frequently work 16 hour shifts plowing snow and spreading salt on the highways. *But during the summer months the Outpost that Ben works at goes to 4, 10 hour shifts. *So what could he do that would allow him the freedom to stop working every winter, work shorter hours part of the week during the summer, and work some weekends?

Ben decided to look to his background to see if there is anything there:
                 Over 8 years working in every possible position in the grocery business from bagger to manager
                * * * * * * * * * Wal-Mart is always hiring, No thanks
                 3 years as a Sheriffs deputy
                * * * * * * * * * He could become a part time freelance police officer. *That’s called a vigilante. Bad idea.
                 5 years owning a One hour photolab and digital imaging center
                * * * * * * * * * He stopped doing that because he was not making any money. *Now do it for minimum wage?

Think think thin…. Wait he got it!! A job that allows him to work at his own schedule goes away in the winter and is inexpensive to start. Lawn Care!

So Gotta Mow is started with what he had a brand new Craftsman 22” mower and a Craftsman trimmer. *Along with some stuff out of his garage all loaded into the back of his 99 Chevy Tahoe.
                Advertising on Craigslist with good, professional looking ads, put together a website, and made some business cards. *Then his cell phone started ringing and emails started coming. *

Less than a month into this little venture and he had already developed 3 weekly customers who signed contracts for the year. *He had been called for estimates for several properties that were too large for him to handle, and was being forced to look into expanding his equipment. *

He realized… He could expand his client list much faster than he could procure equipment. *This is going to be fun and challenging.

For more on the Saga visit www.GottaMowOhio.com or just call Ben on his cell phone and ask how he’s doing 614-271-0188
                Ben Belhorn

Comment

Ben that is great! Can you post some pictures too? I want to use them on the cover.

Comment

I can and will. I'll het some together this week. Here is one for you though.
                    Ben Belhorn

Comment

I am putting the final part together of the book so please if you can, send me your pictures and bios. Thanks!

Comment

Brandon Little is the Owner of Little's Tree Works and www.littlestreeworks.com. He started a lawn care business in 2003 after ending a career in retail management.
                        With the business management experience and a longing to work outdoors, he took his savings and invested it in the necessary equipment needed to start and operate a lawn care business based on excellent customer service principles, and takes pride in his work.
                        After majoring in Horticulture he found his love for working with trees. He began studying and practicing proper tree services and now works solely in and around trees, and enjoys tree climbing as a hobby, along with photography, mt. biking, and fishing around his hometown of Redding, CA. with his beautiful wife Christina, and his 3 lovely kids.
                        Brandon can be reached through his website at www.littlestreeworks.com
                        Northern California

Comment

Another picture.
                          Northern California

Comment

And another.
                            Northern California

Comment

I got some news! The first edition of the GopherHaul episode guide book is complete and I am waiting for the proof of it.

The book is huge! It's 280 some pages!

Here is the link for this book. As soon as I can attach an image on here I will show you all the cover! I am so excited. I got pictures in it from everyone who submitted them and got the bios in there as well.

https://www.createspace.com/3345611
                              Get a Free animated banner ad. Click here and I will make one for you.
                              Stop Lowballing! A Lawn Care Business Owner's Guide To Success. My new book. Now available at amazon.com

Comment

So we can buy the book ? or is it not finished yet

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X