Organic lawn care franchise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just started a few weeks ago

I have got to admit organic lawn care intrigues me.
    I definitely see a market for this in my area.
    Right now this could be a upsell to separate my business from all the competition in the area. I for the most part sub out my fertilization and weed control. Last year a customers dog ate grass and got sick after a application of weed & feed. I just didn't want to deal with that kind of stuff anymore.
    I am going to seriously look into organic.
    I just started a few weeks ago. I am getting 25-35 website hits a day. Just added Mosquito treatments today. It's easy work, easy to sell, and profitable.

You will need a tow behind sprayer. It saves a lot of time and work and it makes you appear more professional. They are expensive but well worth the investment. I use FIMCO LG-2500 (25 gallon tank). It sprays an 80" swath.

www.fimcoindustries.com

Comment

I just started a few weeks ago. I am getting 25-35 website hits a day. Just added Mosquito treatments today. It's easy work, easy to sell, and profitable.

You will need a tow behind sprayer. It saves a lot of time and work and it makes you appear more professional. They are expensive but well worth the investment. I use FIMCO LG-2500 (25 gallon tank). It sprays an 80" swath.

www.fimcoindustries.com
      So the mosquito spray can be imported from Canada with no problems?

Comment

Mosquito Spray

So the mosquito spray can be imported from Canada with no problems?
        Stuart, the owner of Nature's Lawn carries Natures-guard
        (http://www.natureslawn.com/insect-guard.php) now and will probably carry what Andy talked about.
        I also found Mosquito Barrier http://www.mosquitobarrier.com/
        Nature's Guard - quart $17.00, gallon $30.00, 2.5 gallon $70.00
        Mosquito Barrier - Gallon $90.00

So even if the spray Andy is using isn't available, in the US, there is product available. If I remember correctly, the spray Andy uses, uses 2 oz per gallon, while both of the above uses 4 oz per gallon.
        I started Marketing based on the fact that there was something I could get!
        Steve

Comment

I don't see why it couldn't be shipped to the USA as it's 100% Organic, mainly garlic extract.

I worked all day yesterday during the day helping the mulch guys as they are falling behind then late in the afternoon I cut trees with the tree crew as they had some big ones to come down and were not comfortable with them.

Had supper and went spraying until 9, I generated more money spraying this mosquito product in three hours than a crew can in 8, gross. Net you can't compare as the markup is very large.

We are in mosquito and black fly season, the tree crew place was crazy with flies so I talked to the owner yesterday, they were so bad we had to have the conversation in his garage, he hired us to spray so I did their place around 8:30 last night, he came out to pay me after I was finished, took 20 min to do 2 acres, there wasn't a fly to be found.....smelled like a barbacue and would for 5 hours but I know once the word is out we will never keep up.

Have a super day....working with the spray crew today, doing moss on homes as we have some high homes to do and the guys don't like the height with a sprayer attached to them....
          Andy
          Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

Working...
          X