Mow and Blow vs Lawn Detailing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mow and Blow vs Lawn Detailing

Quote[/b] ]I actually did lawncare for 15 years and found the best way to advertise was by word of mouth. I made up business cards and passed those out to several local realtors. I also posted flyers in the local donut store and hardware store.

Lowe' s and Home Depot sometimes have a bulletin board near the entry or exit that you can post a small ad and some business cards on too.

Also, let other lawn care services know that you are available to fill in for them if needed. I had several other services call me to do jobs they couldn' t cover or didn' t want to do.

The biggest thing that helped me as a woman to grow my customer base was by letting people know that I did not "mow and blow". I did not just mow lawns, I "detailed yards" which allowed me to charge a higher fee as well.
    I thought this was an interesting quote. It makes you wonder when you advertise. Should you promote mow and blow or lawn detailing?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

That is a good idea.

I thought many times of offering only a top of line mowing service. Basically, the lawn had to be bagged, and edged every time. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Comment

What I wonder about this strategy is, can you start off with it? Or do you need to just take anyone who will be a customer and then as you go, you can begin to position your company as a lawn detailer and charge more?
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X