If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
1. Pay off my Debt... $4800 / 5,995,200
2. Buy the Local CoffeeShop ...$35000 / 5,960,200 (so my soon to be teen girls have a place to wrk... it would be a good experience)
3. Buy (4) Used Trucks: 2 Maintenance Crews, Install Crew and an F450 Stake Bdy Dump (set spending @ $15K each)... $60,000 / 5,900,200
4. Allocate 1 million between three children @ 333,333.33 each... $1,000,000 / 4,900,200
5. Set up COMPLETE CHARITY LAWN SERVICE for Ronald McDonald Houses and Non-Profits and keep them maintenanced for free $100,000 / 4,800,200
6. Purchase a 100+ Acre Tract of land in the rural coastal area, dig a huge pond: selling the filtration sand and part of the timber virtually payoff the land... $60,000 / 4,740,200 ( after sand, dirt & timbers sold)
7. Donate $100,000 worth of Landscape Materials to Habitat for Humanity to be used over the course of a year... $100,000 / 4,640,200
8. Purchase All Used (but still great condition) Equipment for the crews and I, $75,000 / 4,565,200
9. Put my Assisted DIY Program in Place and build an office & yard for Architectural Landscape & Outdoor Design... with an area for maintence and training of the staff and public (KNOWLEDGE is POWER! if you train people and help them to understand then you have somewhat harnessed that power)
$300,000 / 4,265,200
10. Build a simple humble house on the aquired property... $100,000 / 4,165,200
11. Give each one of my syblings $100K (6)... $600,000 / 3,565,200
12. Give each one of my parents $150K (2)... $300,000 / 3,265,200
13. Donate $50,000 to TLPC local Turf Assoc. that offers training and certification courses... $50,000 / 3,215,200
14. Give my ex-wife $100K for putting up with me (15) yrs.and giving me (3) great children... $100,000 / 3,115,200
15. Pay the first round of taxes... $1,250,000 / 1,915,200
16. MOST IMPORTANTLY GO BACK TO WORK...... and not worry about being the BIGGEST..... JUST THE BEST!!!!!!!!!
....and yes I know that this may sound a little far fetched, or the humble way.
But I firmly believe that the very country we live in was founded on the back bone of guy ( and girls) like us the Entrepenuer.... the ones that are not afraid to strike out and make something from nothing... thats one of the reason that they got on the ships and sailed to an unknown land, to make something for themselves from virtually nothing.
2. I would thank my friend (for giving me the ticket since I don't play the lottery) and give him $50 for the ticket!!!!
3. Pay off my debts
4. pay off my family's debts
5. Buy a used 4X4 dodge quad cab
6. buy a nice lawn mower trailer for pick up and delivery
7. buy some commercial property
8. pay a friend of mine to build a big shop on this property
9. buy all new tools for the shop
10. invest at least $4 million and keep on investing the interest since I would anticipate being able to live off my shop.
Like someone else said, be the best. I don't want to be the cheapest or the the biggest unless I can be that while being the best. Being the best will get the best paying customers. You can sleep at night knowing you are the best (not from a self pride point of view but since you know you did your best for your customers today and that they could not have obtained a better service if they had gone to anyone else).
Well, It's hard to say for sure. I know I'd pay off all debts, & do the same for my mother, my brothers, & in-laws. I'd invest a big chunk of it (probably in local realestate- Prices are so low right now that it's retarded.) Or just ivest & live on intrest. I don't know if I'd continue with this business, honestly.... probably not.
I'd end up selling it off. Let's get real here. If I were suddenly worth millions I'd have a much harder time dealing with some of the customer quirks & personalities to make a lousy $30. So, I'm sure I'd start a new business though. But something with a little less stress & headaches. I've wanted to open a website for t-shirts for a while, Not like Jamie did with Friction clothing but more like funny t-shirts. I have a list of great ideas for shirts that I'll put out someday. I'd go on tour with my band in style -Bus, Roadies, etc. & have fun with that for a while. It'd be cool to not really care weather or not the band was making or spending money.
I think I'd put an addition on our house & stay right here and just try to enjoy life a little more.
I think it's quite a fascinating topic because it makes you think about the things you really would like to do. Then it opens the door a bit to give you a moment to think, why aren't you doing those things?
Sometimes I wonder if we all live two different lives. One where we do what we do just because it's easy or we fell into it or it fell onto us. And another where we dream of what we would rather be doing but could only do if......
Then I wonder what is stopping us from doing what we want and would we really be happier doing that.