No announcement yet.

Thoughts on Craigslist customers.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps we can move this to a new thread named "profits" or something to that effect?

Actually I meant to say 20% but for the sake of the conversation lets go with 25% like I said. I find myself charging more like an average of 30-40% mark up. The quick answer is to help with lost labor costs and overhead expenses (electricity, tools, thousands of dollars in parts investment, etc.). I am a small shop and estimate a tool investment, both special tools and non-specials tools, of about $500-750. This is one set of tools, mostly Craftsman or second hand tools.
    What do you think the average is for dealers to spend on marketing and how do you think that applies to lawn care business owners? Would it be similar or no?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

What do you think the average is for dealers to spend on marketing and how do you think that applies to lawn care business owners? Would it be similar or no?
      Marketing varies greatly from dealer to dealer. For example, my dad never advertises and is always covered up with work. Most of the repair shops are going to be this way. Now on the other hand, I don't have any idea what would be the average when it comes to marketing new equipment. I have heard of dealers create a game that is played inside an arena with lawn mowers. I don't recall the details but it brought many ptotential customers in. Also some of them design their own "open house" and customize it to their own specs. Of course their intent was to bring in customers for the game or open house at which time they made sure to have a great deal of inventory and knowledgeable staff..... Sorry that I don;t have any good answer to your question. I heard of another marketing idea I heard about today that I want to share with you all at a later time (I don't have the time to do it now).

Comment

I heard of another marketing idea I heard about today that I want to share with you all at a later time (I don't have the time to do it now).
        I am looking forwards to it!

Also, I was thinking about some ways the marketing may be different for dealers vs lawn care businesses. Don't the dealers get marketing money or matching money for advertising if they promote certain products from the manufacturer? That's not something a lawn care business owner can take advantage of.
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

River's Edge Landscaping

Hi All,

Just wanted to introduce our new company, River's Edge Landscaping. We're based in Vancouver, BC. Any suggestions to help us advertise would be great. Our website is www.landscapingvancouverbc.com

Comment

Hi All,

Just wanted to introduce our new company, River's Edge Landscaping. We're based in Vancouver, BC. Any suggestions to help us advertise would be great. Our website is www.landscapingvancouverbc.com
            Nice website. Welcome to the forum.
            Northern California

Comment

Welcome Chris!

I love your logo and great website! What have you been doing thus far to promote your lawn care business? What have you liked or disliked?

Comment

hello

Hi All,

your website is nice, a few pages were in HTML still, not sure what is going on with it.
                thanks

Paul

Comment

Working...
                X