No announcement yet.

What were the biggest...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would have to say the phone book and online. If you already have your truck and trailor done up make sure your in the phone book. Some times they only catch your name when riding down the road. So how can they find you if your not in the phone book. Having a web page i think is important too but i don't think its as important as the first to things. Being truck lettered and in the phone book
    What kind of phone book ad or size are you suggesting? Also do you track when new customers call you, how they heard of you? Have you calculated what % of them heard of you from the phone book?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

You have to be in all your local phone books. The ad size is up to you and how much your willing to spend but at least get your number in there. As far as tracking where your customers come from. I normally ask the customer how did you hear about us or you can put codes on your advertising or get a couple phone lines. Have 1 line for the phone book 1 line for your vehicle ads and 1 line for any flyers you put out.

Comment

Here was some of my mistakes.

1. Buying a 2WD truck (should have spent the extra money and got 4x4
        2. Buying a wider trailer. The max deck size I can put on my trailer is 52"
        3. Not giving myself enough time for the office. I exhausted myself in the field and couldn't concentrate in the office. This year I will be delegating more office work to my office manager (wifey).

Comment

Buying a 2WD truck (should have spent the extra money and got 4x4
          Oh very interesting. Can you tell us why?
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I live in Ontario, Canada. I cannot plow snow with a rear wheel drive...I bought it out of desperation and it clouded my judgment.

Comment

Working...
            X