No announcement yet.

Collections at the end of the Season.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know what you might look into and I don't know how it works in your are. But you can put a lien on a property if the owner owes you money.

Maybe contact the realtor first and see if they can get you paid, otherwise possibly put a lien on the property and the real estate transaction can't finalize until all lien holders are paid off.
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

You know what you might look into and I don't know how it works in your are. But you can put a lien on a property if the owner owes you money.

Maybe contact the realtor first and see if they can get you paid, otherwise possibly put a lien on the property and the real estate transaction can't finalize until all lien holders are paid off.
      My cousin is a lawyer and i told him about this and he said it's not worth going through small claims under 1200$

I e-mailed the realtor see what's going on.

I am getting frustrated and makes me think twice of doing houses that are for sale.

Tip for everybody.... get all info on your customer as you can.. e-mail.. address postal code.. phone numbers..

Comment

I know how you feel. I have a guy, that sadly is a realistate company, that has not paid his invoice from Nov.08. Today I sent him a firm letter demanding payment with his late fees included. I told him that I do not have time to set down and write him a letter twice a month asking for something that he owes. I said "I expect a timely payment as my clients expect a timely service" and this is what we provide. I guess I will have to wait and see what he does!
        sigpic
        www.bnclawncare.com

Comment

I know how you feel. I have a guy, that sadly is a realistate company, that has not paid his invoice from Nov.08. Today I sent him a firm letter demanding payment with his late fees included. I told him that I do not have time to set down and write him a letter twice a month asking for something that he owes. I said "I expect a timely payment as my clients expect a timely service" and this is what we provide. I guess I will have to wait and see what he does!
          Mine are since June and now I just found out that the house is off the market, so i think i'm just gonna stop bothering with that property and let it go. But the other guy owes me 300$ with late charges and I've called him a few times. He said he would pay, but i haven't got nothing yet

Comment

This year, if my payments are not received by the due date on the invoice, then I am going to stop services until they pay. This will be for all of my customers. If the guy with the house for sale owes you a lot, I would put a lean against the house, he can't sell it until he pays you. I would include your additional time to do this in the amount also along with any additional fees. Good luck.
            sigpic
            www.bnclawncare.com

Comment

Update

I finally got a phone call from the Owner of the property and she told me that it was a tenant living in the house that i did the cut so she gave me her number and I gave her a call.

I also gave a call to my other guy owing me 300$ or so...

Hope they both pay me

Comment

Keep us posted.
                - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Guy finally sent me a cheque.. two to be exactly, not sure why two different amounts for 1 bill but i'll take it

Comment

When I first asked for help in this post, I had about 6 customers who were overdue. Since that time, I have recieved all payments. Most were very good customers and promptly payed each month. I had to be a little persistent, but I was always courteous and treated the late payment as an oversight by my customer. I received the last overdue payment about 3 weeks ago with a letter of apology. It looks like I have retained all of these customers except one.

Steve,
                    Thanks for mentioning my question in your "Lawn Care Marketing Business Show". It's turned out to be a very helpful thread.
                    Totally Green Lawn Care, LLC
                    http://www.totallygreenlc.com

Comment

Gary,

You hit a home run with this thread. Because of you, many lawn care business owners have been able to get paid from customers who were not paying.

Thank you!

Comment

In a dilemma

Now I have a dilemma, I've just received a call from the owner (that house I had done work for the real estate) and she said she ain't paying my bill. She said the person that asked me should pay. But I've also sent my bill to that person and they also don't want to pay

Help

Comment

Does this mean I should make the "out of towners" sign an agreement ?

Comment

In the past, one of our forum members was talking about how before he did any lawn care for a renter, he contacted the owner to make sure they knew he was doing the work. He also said if he didn't get paid by the renter, the owner would pay from the deposit fund.

Is this something you could do too?

Comment

In the past, one of our forum members was talking about how before he did any lawn care for a renter, he contacted the owner to make sure they knew he was doing the work. He also said if he didn't get paid by the renter, the owner would pay from the deposit fund.

Is this something you could do too?
                              Well i've been sending the bill to the renter and i've sent one to the owner and they won't agree to pay.

Comment

stuff like this really pisses me off! at this point I wouldnt be able to keep my cool and I probably would be waiting for these people at their door step, or better yet have someone that owes you a favor take care of it for you. see I always had a relationship with the owners or property managers to attempt to aviod this. I say just keep on being a pain in the *** keep billing both tennant and land lord eventually they will get so sick of hearing or better yet seeing you that they will pay. and yes out of towners must sign a contract! if it was me I think I would have lost it and probably gotten into some trouble by now depending on how much it was, but people think you owe them something and that you dont have bills to pay, and that you can wait untill they are ready to send you your payment for a job that they requested.

Comment

Working...
                                X