Holiday decoration prices

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday decoration prices

I had a friend the other day get a bid to put holiday decorations up on his house by one of those holiday franchise businesses.

To run a length of lights across the gutter and two garland wraps with lights down the pillars on each side of his door = $750

They come in, install this, come back at the end of the holidays and remove it. You don't own the decorations. They keep them! WOW I never knew that is how they did it. Very interesting! Maybe this will give you some ideas as well.
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

I would love more information on this. If anyone offers such services I (and I am sure others) would like to hear how you attack the business.

Comment

I came across a holiday lighting business awhile ago, they sent me a dvd and catalog of all the lights you can get through them, very nice stuff, but pretty expensive, www.HolidayBrightLights.com

Basically you become like an affiliate member, which give you access to their wide product line.

I never did it because it was quite expensive to be a member and the prices of the lights were pretty high as well, but very nice stuff. I just couldn't see who would pay these high prices for lighting installation, I'm sure you could get some work, but I'm sure limited to the wealthy, like you mentioned above, $750 for a lighting install, very expensive.

Comment

$750 is way too high for residential I think. Maybe you could break it down into two different bills. One to install the lights and then another to later remove them?

Basically you become like an affiliate member, which give you access to their wide product line.

I never did it because it was quite expensive to be a member and the prices of the lights were pretty high as well, but very nice stuff. I just couldn't see who would pay these high prices for lighting installation, I'm sure you could get some work, but I'm sure limited to the wealthy, like you mentioned above, $750 for a lighting install, very expensive.
        Did you compare the prices with other sites online where you didn't have to be a member to buy the products?

Also did they offer any advice on selling the services or how to estimate?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

No, I never did look into this further, I'm sure there are places online you can simply buy just the lights and accessories, without having to be affiliated with another company.

Comment

I charge by the hour.I sell the clients the lights or they buy them.I put them up and take them down.I put them in some big tupperware and put them in their garage.I know I could get alot more because I've heard of guys doing a 1000 a house and being very basic.I've been charging like 300 for a better job.It's still new to me though.This year I'm going to take pics to try and market it.I looked at some of the "wholesellers" and they seem to be the same as a box store.If the client owns the lights then you explain that every year they will more than likely have to buy a few new sets because they go out.Plus if they want to expand on it they can do so a few pieces at a time.

Comment

I've been charging like 300 for a better job.
              How long would such a job take? Does this price include coming back and taking the lights down or do you bill again for that service?

Comment

Till lunch for 150 and 150 to take them down which takes less time.You can make more but once again I have to figure it out first

Comment

my experience

Hey guys,

I have done some installs this year. One house they wanted their old lights taken down and new LED lights put up instead because they wanted to save money on the power bill. (good selling feature) Anyways i installed 6 strings of 50 LEDS with a light clip for every light on a two story house. I charged by the hour and supplied the lights. It was a simple light around the roof job. The cost was $20 per box of lights and $5 dollars per box of 100 clips. It took 5.5 to 6 hrs to install. I charged 380.00

Mike

Comment

What about the take down

Comment

I have done some installs this year. One house they wanted their old lights taken down and new LED lights put up instead because they wanted to save money on the power bill. (good selling feature) Anyways i installed 6 strings of 50 LEDS with a light clip for every light on a two story house. I charged by the hour and supplied the lights. It was a simple light around the roof job.
                      Do you have any pics of what you did? I'd like to see.

The cost was $20 per box of lights and $5 dollars per box of 100 clips. It took 5.5 to 6 hrs to install. I charged 380.00
                      How did you come up with this pricing, by the box? How do you like charging that way? Looking back now would you have charged more or was that a good amount?

Comment

Lights

Definitely want to hear more on this. In my area, there are more companies doing holiday lights than in previous years. It's definitely something im considering doing in the future, but I have not looked that far into it yet.
                        Logan Hershberger

Comment

Here is an article that discusses holiday lighting pricing.

Decking other people's halls proves profitable - Johnson said an average sale for his company is between $1,000 and $1,100.

Aaron Westcott, who oversees Christmas lighting for Bob Lenc Landscaping, said customers can spend as little as $500 for the initial installation, although an average ranch home with all the trimmings will run between $1,500 and $2,000.

Johnson is president of All-American Turf Beauty, a Van Meter-based landscaping company that, for the last 13 Christmases, has supplemented its lawn care income by installing holiday lights on more than 700 homes and businesses in and around Des Moines, Ames and Waterloo.

"We've basically grown from nothing up to doing roughly $750,000 last year," Johnson said.

Comment

I added two new free holiday decoration templates. A door hanger and a postcard.

http://gopherforum.com/showthread.php?p=42969#post42969

http://gopherforum.com/showthread.php?p=42971#post42971

Comment

1. Take down is extra, by the hour.

2. I have done research of where i can get the cheapest and the best selection of holiday lights. I charge the cost plus markup for materials and by the hour for any other work.

I have done 3 more houses since then and they cost from just a few hours to a full day install

I have pics but they aren.t that great to look at. The jobs are very simple. Just a few strings along gutters and net lights. Stuff like that

Mike
                              if you really want to see them ill put them up k.

Comment

Working...
                              X