No announcement yet.

Side jobs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have some pics on our web site. cklandscapingflorida.com.Some are plants we're growing,some maintanance,some installation work.Afte x-mass we'll put up pics of x-mass.We're just starting to take pics of our work for promotional stuff.Well I like to work with what they have in mind for a budgit.But I've started a job at 1200 and ended at 3200.In 2 days and 1200 in material.If you lay out just a single hedge row in #3 then to use a bunch of #1 for an up sell is'nt that hard.The bulk of the money is in the hedges so when they see how much nicer it is fo just a few hundred more they usually go for it.

Comment

.If you lay out just a single hedge row in #3 then to use a bunch of #1 for an up sell is'nt that hard.
      What was the #1 and #3 referring too? The pictures on your site?

After x-mass we'll put up pics of x-mass.
      Are you offering outdoor holiday decorations? Or what kinds of x-mass pictures are you referring to?

But I've started a job at 1200 and ended at 3200.In 2 days and 1200 in material.
      Do you mean the $1200 in materials was on top of the job price or included?
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

1 gal. and 3 gal. Yes I do decorations for the holidays.The job took 2 days and 1200 in plants and mulch.I billed them 3200 for the job.1000 a day aint bad.The pics are on my web site.

Comment

The total job was only 1200 at first but by the end it was 3200

Comment

Yes I do decorations for the holidays.
            What has been your view of outdoor holiday decorations? What price range do you think lawn care business owners should shoot for when promoting this kind of work?
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

I have'nt yet marketed it.I would look at it from an houtly point.It takes alot longer to wrap a palm tree than it would to lay it on a bush so I would do hourly.Remember that you have to put them up,take them down,check them,and pack them evey year.If your storing them you need to charge for that as well.I'm still new to the lights.I do my house and next door with about 25,000 lights so I'm going to ty and use that for promotions this year

Comment

How do you handle not overloading the circuits? How big of a factor is that? I'd love to see some of the pics you have worked on.

Also, how long have you found the average job to take or what is your goal for how long they should take?

Comment

On my house I have to use 4 cercuits but next door only 2.Thats alot of lights.Enough to get us on the news.My house takes about 16 hours up and 5 down.Next door is about 8 up and 3 downThats alot of lights though.To trim a house and go over a few shrubs maybe 3 hours to do.You get faster every year because you know where every thing goes

Comment

Enough to get us on the news
                    Oh you got talked about on the news? Was it on tv or in a newspaper? What did you think of that experience?

Are you going to put a sign out front this year to promote that you offer this service?

Comment

They did'nt really talk about us they just show some of the best looking houses.I'm thinking of making a big sign out of lights for my roof this year

Comment

I'm thinking of making a big sign out of lights for my roof this year
                        That would be so awesome! I gotta see that.

Comment

Working...
                        X