No announcement yet.

Transition from Grass to Leaves

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To let my regular customers know about leaf cleanup charges, here is a letter I worked up and plan to send out with their next invoice. Comments are welcome.

We clean gutters at $60.00 per hour (1 hour minimum).
    Your leaving money on the table doing it by the hour.

If you are called to a resi just for gutter clean out you should be charging by the foot and it should include down spout flushing. $1 a ft and if its 2 story it should be a little extra for the height. ALWAYS PRATICE SAFTY WHEN WORKING OFF LADDERS AND ON ROOFS, AND INJURY CAN TAKE YOU OUT OF THE GAME COMPLETELY, COSTING YOU MORE THAN MONEY.
    If your doing a fall clean up,(leaf clean up and removal) gutter clean out should be included. Plant beds are not extra either, they are a part of the lawn.

These are common practices with-in my area.

Comment

If your doing a fall clean up,(leaf clean up and removal) gutter clean out should be included. Plant beds are not extra either, they are a part of the lawn.
      Very interesting! So when you give a bid for a fall yard cleanup, do you include a line item that shows gutter cleaning and a price for that? Do you include another line item for plant beds? Or are all these included into one price and it isn't broken down at all?
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Very interesting! So when you give a bid for a fall yard cleanup, do you include a line item that shows gutter cleaning and a price for that? Do you include another line item for plant beds? Or are all these included into one price and it isn't broken down at all?
        We here by propose to; clear all lawn and plant bed ares of leaves to the best of our ability. Clean and flush all gutters and down spouts as follows,

Fall Lawn Clean Up $$$$$$
        (All lawn and plant bed areas)

Gutter Clean Out $$$$$$
        (Cleaning and flushing all gutter & down spouts)

Total Due $$$$$$

If the customer bulks at the gutter charges then explain to them the importance of having them cleaned out. Most will go for it.

Comment

anyway you can do pdf files??? Us mac users dont necessarily come with microsoft word...lol

Comment

Working...
          X