No announcement yet.

I have some great questions!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, I'm loving this forum more and more! You guys provided me with a ton of great information. I was talking to a friend today who referred me to another friend that use to be in the business. He sold his business, but is working part time for the person he sold his business to. He offered to show me around tomorrow for a couple of hours. So I'm waking up at 8am tomorrow and going to get some hands on experience. I'll let you know how it goes!

Comment

one day for extras

Hi guys,

I would like to add my insight to the questions.

When something that i think needs to be done to my customers property, i check with the customer to see if they want me to take care of the job on Monday.This is my day that i keep open just for the extra odd jobs? They ask me how much it would cost them and ill usually have a figure in my head before i even ask the question. 99% of the time the customer will be very happy to get the job done so soon because of the Odd job Monday. When the Monday gets slow, there is always machine maintenance to do .
      Mike

Comment

Having a dedicated day is a good idea for the odd jobs. I usually have 2 or 3 days that I dedicate for random jobs I get. I have a lot of work orders for this and thats. Sometimes the 2 days isnt enough, and I have to do a little schedule magic to make it all fit. Most of the jobs are random things like replacing valves, trimming trees, yard clean-ups, etc. I try to get my regular customers done in the other 2 to 3 days of the week.
        Northern California

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X