Newspaper add?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newspaper add?

Has or does anyone make adds for newspapers if i give them the sizes needed. ANy info would be great.

chris

Is this going to be a text or a graphical ad?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Most likely just text with my logo or something simple. Im junt not very creative with things like this(you give me some landscaping though and im your guy lol) so i dont have any ideas on what it should look like.

chris

Comment

Well, what size are you looking at for the paper and graphics will usually cost more in the paper than just text.
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

I'll help ya out if ya need it.I've done newspaper ads.I used a photo background with text across the photo and the logo included.Only thing right now,is finding the time to do it.

Comment

Hey NickN,

Could you post an image of one you have done in the past?

Comment

This is the only copy I can find at the moment.I ended up leaving off the email address(Ritchiem and I were working on getting my website set up).I also removed the Licensed and insured/commercial and residential text.Just seemed like too much info in a small space.The ad size was 4x6 and was ran in a special home & garden section of the paper.

Comment

whoops i don't think it attached for some reason.

Can you email it and I will get it online?

support@gophersoftware.com

Comment

the sizes im looking at are 2x3 or 3x2. Im looking for something catchy not to wordy though.

MCS LAWNCARE
                  352-243-8881
                  all calls returned
                  spring special 20% off first month of new lawn service
                  spring special 20% off any powerwashing service
                  services availible: mowing, edging, mulching, powerwashing storm clean up

any help is greal.

im looking at all black and white(low budget paper) but very effective 30,000 weekly circulation ths size given is only $20 per week.

chris

Comment

OH I FORGOT this need to be in PDF format.

chris

Comment

some services i forgot

weed removal
                      landscape instalation
                      hedge and shrub trimming

things to use maby?
                      my saying" I take care of your lawn so you dont have to".

free estimates
                      fully licenced & insured

just some ideas from my end

Comment

Hi MCSLAWNCARE,

One of the things I learned in the past that seemed counter intuitive is to NOT put your company name at top in such ads. It may seem strange to you but the ad header is the thing that must jump out to catch the readers eye. If you don't catch the readers eye, there is no hope your ad will be read.
                        Words like FREE really stop someone dead in their tracks when reading classified ads.

Here is something that is off the wall but may inspire you.

What if you did something like this

FREE
                        I will mow your lawn for free.
                        Call now.
                        xxx-xxx-xxxx

Then when they call you could have a special offer, you will give them their 5th mow for free with a sign annual contract.

This should get people to call. That's an important step. Then you can get their information and check out their yard for a price quote.

What are your thoughts?

Comment

This add is not a classified ad this is in the paper i can put grafics, or any thing else im just not that creative.

chris

Comment

How about if we put the text in there with some grass clipart at the bottom like the one used in this flyer.

Comment

That sounds good i was thinking along the same line, only thing is what about the color. also the dead line for this is wed so any help is so very much appreciated.

chris

Comment

Working...
                              X