No announcement yet.

Website

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a web template layout idea. This goes along the theory of making the business owner the star.
    What makes one company different from another? I feel it is the owner and the owner's ability to perform that personal service. You can make your company stand out by standing out yourself.
    As a consumer, who would you rather choose to provide you service? A company where you know the owner or a company whom you don't know who is in charge?
    Personally, I would feel a lot better letting someone on my property providing me a service if I knew them. So then the goal is to sell yourself through your website and in turn this will sell your company.

Let me know what you think.
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Nice job TG.

Comment

There ya go tiedeman...refresh your browser and look at the image again. However I do like TG's idea as well. What do you think?

Comment

that looks good Richard. How can I run with that now? I sent you an email

Comment

Nice work ritchiem
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Good topic, I was just wondering the same thing. I have my website with godaddy, it was cheap to register it and I had always heard their advertisments. But the website creator lacks alot.

Right now the website is kinda bland, but its to the point. I had to use some of the gopher templetes to spice it up
              \"Every strike brings me closer to the next home run\"

Comment

What are your next big plans for your website?

Comment

TG, if your referring to me with the question.

I don't have big plans for the website really. My whole reason behind starting a website was for reference. I have the web address on every advertising piece I ever put out, its also on my truck. (a "window banner" accross the top of the windshield and rear window) If someone see's my truck and see's the logo/name, but can't remember the number, they can go online and put in the name just as they see it and boom theres the website with information about who we are. Also it just adds a more professional image to my advertising because as of now, none of my competition has a website.

I would just like to have more control over the design of the site, currently the godaddy designer won't let you do much, just add pictures, text, cant mess with the background much and can't move things around much. It's like a "my first web designer" haha.

I have to figure out how to switch to a different hosting site and all that also.

Comment

Hi kc2006,

Can't you use any html program to create your site? That would give you more control over your site. The godady designer, I think, is just there to help but isn't mandatory to use.

Comment

Hey kc2006 what is your website url?

Comment

www.kdclawncare.com

TG, I'm not very good with design, so to do html it just wouldn't work. I still need a more basic design program/tool to make the site. I'm not really up on web design, or any graphic design really.

Comment

I think that you have done a good job on the site so far. You need to optimize the images for faster download, right now their file sizes are too large.

Is there a Gopher website Template that you would like to use for your site?

Comment

I haven't looked at the templetes since last year, but the one that I used the image from for the main page was nice from what I remember.

Comment

I have site up runing http://www.pnplawncare.com if you like check it out. I host all my own stuff I built a Unix FREEBSD5.0 server host my own website , email server my own DNS server so on. All I pay for is my domain for the year and my ISP service with Static IP. Nice to know about computers and networking.

Comment

Hey pnplawn,

Good job on the website...try to put your logo image into your header image. And you have way too many meta keywords...try to pick the best ones and seperate them with a comma.

Comment

Working...
                                X