No announcement yet.

What makes these logos great?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soupy - "Thanks for the compliments on the truck. I posted the truck layout to show what I meant by being able to work a logo without the name in it. I really consider the grass blade with shades my logo, and not the name/logo combo. That is what I was trying to say earlier when I mentioned that what would happen if you took the name out of a logo. Do you have anything distinctive? Let's say someone uses a tree in their name, can they separate that tree and be known by it?

That to me is what makes a good logo. I hope I am not offending anyone, If a fancy display of your name is what you want, then great. I'm not knocking that, I am simply saying a true logo works without the name, like Nike etc."
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

from Phil Nilsson

The logos look "cute" but for the most part do nothing ... you're not looking to "entertain" with a logo ... consider two of the most successful logos in recent history ... the simple blue Ford oval and the simple blue letters ... I.B.M.

In other words a logo can do little to "make" a business ... the logo is built last ... not first.

Logos when used in connection with real small business (LCO are like this) can be more harmful than helpful ... why? ... logos are more thought of as a sign of a big business ... not a small business ... the case gets overstated when a fancy logo is attached to the "trades" as such ...
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

HydroBootCamp - "Personally I like Progressive, very professional and modern. The others are a bit too comic-book like for me. Progressive would be my 1st choice with Hamons and *ousek tied for 2nd."

muddstopper - "Same here, I think Progressive looks best with Hammons a close second. *ousek is to plain but I still give it a third place. I dont like the mad beaver and Fine Lines is hard on the eyes. Luxury looks more like an ad for animal kingdom, not a lawn care service."

JJ's Services - "i also go with progressive, straight and to the point. Can be seen and read at a glance while in traffic and not have to worry about the people around you getting in accidents."

Comment

Working...
        X