If you could start...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you could start...

We asked this question and received many great replies.

If you could start your business over again from scratch, what would you do differently this time?

What is your view?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Ken from KJ Landscaping said "I would have started earlier age."
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

CUT-N-EDGE Lawn Care Services said "Done it right. Biz plan, bank loan, the whole nine yards. Didn't know it was going to be a carrer when I started, though. Guess I could still start over."

Comment

LwnmwrMan22 said "Nothing."

Comment

J&R said "I would not start in this again. There are so many in this now bring down the price of lawn care. Because the cost of running a company keeps goin up from payroll ,tax and insurance it's not worth it."

Comment

Mac from Four Corners Landscaping said "Expand as fast as I could, and then expand some more. I could have been the only one or two in the state if I had kept expanding putting the new guys out of biz as soon as they popped up."

Comment

"ryry" said "im fine the way im in got my new trailer then got rid of my toyota and bought a brand spaking new f-150 herritage going to get the 32 or 36 in mower next year pretty much have everything to start wih the reason why is i live with my parents and thats always a plus!!"

Comment

"highlander316" said "Charge more for mowing, heh, it's hard to raise some prices"

Comment

"stutterstan" said "Controlled my growth. I grew to fast and got burned out over labor and profit margins. Also I was too young(19-20) and didn't understsnd the concept of business and money. Now I am part-time solo and much happier and smarter"

Comment

SodKing said "I would have started a coffee shop!"

Comment

fourseasonlawns said "buy the biggest and best of everything.
                      Anything from your weed-eater, edger and blower, to your truck and trailer.
                      the only thing biggest doesn't apply to, is your mower. but you better buy the best.
                      spend the money now, or spend it later in labor or repairs/replacement."

Comment

Glan said "Not a thing

On the personal side..........I would do things different."

Comment

daren_r said "Invest in the right equipment the first time around. I have spent more money buying and selling mowers and trailers than I wanted too."

Comment

rgm said "man i would have started with the right equip for 1 thing"

Comment

allseasonturf said "Went into a different trade. This business is just flooded hands in the work, every where you look a truck with a trailer full a mowing equipment. Now I know folks will say theres plenty of work to go around, but is there really ?"

Comment

Working...
                              X