Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm making stupid money these days because I deserve it!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm making stupid money these days because I deserve it!

Hey guys!

Been in the game for 7 years, 2 officially on the books.

I'm 28 now and can remember the days of charging 20$ per hour, or 30$ for a cut - the good old days, haha.

It seems as the years go by my confidence in my craftsmanship, business etiquette and vision for success continue to solidify themselves and I couldn't be happier.

From the experience alone of never giving up, being accountable, asking questions, and always asking for advice from business owners I have grown a successful landscaping business.

I just wanted to share my new records for daily income on a few jobs I did.

The other day I made 900$ Cash in an 8 hour day. I did a large reno job for a client with a helper ( my girlfriend) I then cut two homes after a much needed break. 900$ in my pocket for that day.

Another day I made 1400$ in a total of 3 days, 10 hours total.

I am consistently pulling in 2,000$ per week now with 6 day, 6 - 8 hour days of labor, and a few hours daily of emails, follow ups, estimates, invoices and marketing.

I just wanted to share my experience for any new business owners who are struggling with their confidence especially on their own perceived financial worth with customers.

What I have learned is:

1. YOU are worth what your work says about you. Go over and above, make it look perfect and the money will come.
    2. Overcharge in an estimate, the customer will always want to get a discount so if you overcharge to begin with they will meet you at a more realistic price which is what you would ask for typically in the first place.
    3. Communicate with your customers quickly, professionally and efficiently. Keep texting, emailing and calling to show your dedication.
    4. Market yourself as best as you can, I use facebook, instagram and my website. I take before and after's of everything I do now.
    5. Write in a notebook everynight about the success of your business, imagine the ideal scenario and write about it as if it is happening right now. Send out the vibes of having a successful business even if you are in debt and struggling ( As I was last year)

KEEP UP THE HUSTLE LADIES AND GENTS!

The important thing is that you are happy where you are at in life!

Now for a few things I've learned....

GET IT NOW while you are still young and have that drive. For most people they don't keep that drive for too many years.

Leave your work at the computer/phone/door/office. If something didn't go right in the business and you are in a bad mood..... that has nothing to do with personal life. Don't take it out on people in your household.

And I think the very first and one of the biggest things I've ever learned is this.... let's say you mess up a bid or your girlfriend messes up what ever she is doing or you get workers and they mess something up..... ask yourself this, did anyone die from it? If the answer is no.... let it go... move on... not worth it. In the time you spend being urinated off you could have made another $100.

This message is for any and every one, not just you.

Comment

WOW great discussions here!

3. Communicate with your customers quickly, professionally and efficiently. Keep texting, emailing and calling to show your dedication.
      Do you find that you follow up with customers more so now than in the past?

If so, what's the best way to follow up with potential customers or even current customers and yet not come across as too pushy or desperate?
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I have a friend in the marketing business with over 10,000 clients. I told him to never send a group text. I told him to make everyone feel as though they are family and in every text put something personal so they know it's not a group text. About a month ago he commented to me how great this was working. And then he said, "Do you know how hard it is to text everyone separate?" I said hey.... if it keeps the money rolling in then it's worth it!

And with phones nowadays it's VERY easy to keep the customers different than your friends. Back in the early days of cell phones I had everyone's last 7 digits memorized so when I picked up the phone I'd address them by name. They love that. Luckily I'm good with numbers because we had 225 clients at that time.

Comment

What is your thought on how best to interact with customers via text? I mean do you just send them updates once in a while telling them about the state of their property? Or do you send out holiday texts, birthday texts? Or what?
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Since the start of texting I have always sent a text the day/evening before my people go to their property and I say something like, "Hi Cindy, we will be to your house to mow tomorrow. Have a great evening". I put their name in it so they know I am talking specifically to them. Sometimes those texts lead in to small talk.... especially after they get comfortable with you texting around the same time and same day. This is with every business I've had. Also, if you use Google Voice, it makes it easy to send the same text over and over again with a little modifications sometimes to the name of something. For me, I use a desktop, I don't know what the phone features are.

I do send Christmas cards. I do not send anything about a birthday, that just seems a little over the line being too personal to me. That's just how I feel, some people might not feel that way.

Also, when sending Christmas cards here is how I always viewed it. If I was in a situation where I needed every customer and couldn't afford to lose any.... this could be because you are very small and need money or because you are large and need customers to fill your worker's days.... I sent generic cards that did not mention 'Christmas' or anything specific. Nowadays that I could care less one way or the other, I specifically send CHRISTMAS cards that say Christmas on them. I'm not a big christian but this country was founded on that so I respect that and understand it is a christian holiday. No one has ever said anything about it but if they do.... who cares.

Comment

Looking at numbers like this is motivational. I especially like the fact that you worked your way up and kept learning from your mistakes. I will use some of your tips going forward and I can already see that if I want to grow as big as my vision, I will need to build in systems to help scale and track. Keep grinding.
              DLC

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X