Find out what business is currently paying competition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Find out what business is currently paying competition

Ok so I have been mowing for about 10 years now on the side apart from having a full time job. I have always done residential and I am currently trying to get into commercial work. The area where my full time job is has alot of properties I would love to obtain in the future. They range anywhere from 1 acre to 6 acres. I have spoke with one company recently and they were unsure of this year's mowing agreements. They said they don't know if it's locked down in contract for the year but they would love for me to turn in a bid and they would pass it to higher management. I ABSOLUTELY WANT THIS PROPERTY AND HAVE NEVER BID COMMERCIAL STUFF. I KNOW HOW TO PRICE IT. I'M JUST WONDERING WOULD ANYBODY EVER JUST BE STRAIGHT UP WITH THAT COMPANIES CONTACT AND TRY TO GET THE PRICE THEY ARE CURRENTLY PAYING OUT OF THEM OR NOT. I'M CONSIDERING TAKING DONUTS OR SOMETHING AND INTRODUCING MYSELF AND GOING FROM THERE DEPENDING ON THE CONVERSATION.
    I NEED ADVICE. DOES IT HURT TO ASK STRAIGHT UP OR IN A DIFFERENT WAY.

WOULD ANYBODY EVER JUST BE STRAIGHT UP WITH THAT COMPANIES CONTACT AND TRY TO GET THE PRICE THEY ARE CURRENTLY PAYING OUT OF THEM OR NOT.
    Sure why not? What does it hurt to ask? The worst they can say is they won't tell the information.

Follow up with your submitted bids. Call the contact back after a certain period of time and find out where they are at with deciding and if they had any more questions for you. If they tell you they went with someone else, ask them why and what the other bid was. Again they may or may not tell you, but you might find some interesting information that you were missing.

Ultimately, you need to bid your price. If someone is charging less to mow the property, don't try and beat their price and lose money on the account.

Keep us posted on your upcoming bids and how they go,
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Ok thank you very much for the reply

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X