Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newb Question - Multiple Property Commercial Bid To Property Manager

Howdy From Northern Cali,

So my first commercial property, and i am new here so I'm still searching for this but I'm trying to also work with the clock in getting this bid in.

Heres the break down

- 13 properties total
    - all are smaller sec 8 apartments with crappy lawns
    - the email said to estimate or just come up with a solid rate on them all
    - wants the full service mowing , aeration, seeding, planting annuals etc
    - hasn't yet mentioned once a biz lic or insurance but i've got them up to 1 mill

I feel confidently I have a good cover letter
    I've got my copies of biz lic in the counties they are asking and my Gen ly coverage

Im just a little confused on how to do the bid should I do it all on one big o'l estimate or should I do a reg customer estimate ( one paper ) per property itemizing each service then the total. OR for those of you with solid rate experience is it just worth it in quoting them a solid rate, would i make more?

I appreciate the insight fellas I'm just trying to make sure I don't submit to them 13+ pages for an estimate and lose the job.

Again any insight appreciated

- Chad

Hi Chad,

Welcome to our forum.
    Im just a little confused on how to do the bid should I do it all on one big o'l estimate or should I do a reg customer estimate ( one paper ) per property itemizing each service then the total. OR for those of you with solid rate experience is it just worth it in quoting them a solid rate, would i make more?
    Are they a property management company?

I'd suggest you visit each property and give them a bid for how much you would charge per visit. If the property is in real bad shape and needs to be cleaned up first, figure out how much you'd charge for the first time clean up and submit that too.

I'd suggest creating a separate bid per property and have it itemized with each service.

Sure they would probably love to find out that you will give them a bare bones cheap flat rate for all of them, but if you can't make money on those jobs, it is not worth it for you to do.

Be careful with such jobs as these companies that contact you are making a profit on your work as well so they will want cheap.

I appreciate the insight fellas I'm just trying to make sure I don't submit to them 13+ pages for an estimate and lose the job.
    It's ok to submit more information. Don't sweat it either if you don't get this job as these will never be ideal customers or showcase properties.

Keep us posted on what you decide to do and what happens.
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X