Contact last years clients?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contact last years clients?

When will be a good time to contact last years clients to gage interest in 2015 season?

Any good wording or template on this?
    Thanks greg

Ideally it's best to keep in contact with them all year long and provide them services all year long.

If you would like to send out letters to try and get them to re-sign with you this season, try some of these lawn care business letter templates.

There are a couple entitled 'Welcome Back.'

There is a 'get ready for spring' letter.

On page two of that link there is a Early lawn care renewal letter.

Let me know if any of them help.
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Exactly what Steve said!!! You should remain in conscious contact with your customers YEAR ROUND.
      1. To let them know you are still in business
      2. Find out who is actually on board
      3. Simple Note to let them know you are thinking of them - Email Blast, Text, Phone Call or letter or All of the above

Business should never stop because a certain season has ended...GET IT MAN!!!!
      08 F250 Ext Cab/04 Chevy 3500
      05 F350/04 F350 Diesel/12 Ram 4500 Dump
      4 -60 Toro Zmaster/Lesco 48
      3 -8'2" Boss V-Plows
      1- Hiniker 9'6" V-Plow
      20' Enclosed trailer
      18' Skid & 16' Open Trailer
      2012 - S185 Bobcat

Comment

I’m sending this letter because not so long ago you we were providing landscape maintenance for you. It is approaching what we like to call the “growing season”, where the lawn, shrubs, and trees are coming out of their winter dormancy. And we would like to do what is needed to earn your business for this year.

We are growing each and every year, and continue to strive to provide excellent service,*if landscape maintenance is something you’re considering again this year, we would like the opportunity to once again earn your business.

I'm confident that if you utilize our services you will understand again the value of professional landscape maintenance, and we look forward to being able to provide that service to you.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Name
        Title
        Phone Number
        Email
        Website

That was the letter I sent out in 2014 to previous customers who cancelled/suspended service for the winter. I send it out at the start of February (I was eager to get customers back) and found that it was too early. When I reached out again at the beginning of March they were ready to sign up.

I have an employee has a way with words, so I have forwarded him last years letter and will have him tweak it. I don't want it the same every year, as every year I do grow.

If he makes something really awesome, I'll post it up.
        Andrew Baker
        Landscape Contractor
        Neighborhood Lawn Care, Inc
        Vancouver, WA
        http://neighborhoodlawncare.biz

Comment

That was good!

I thought it was too early also. like you I am a bit jumply with putting a good amount of money into it over the winter but, I also don't want them to sign with anyone else.

Comment

For some reason a bunch of asterisks popped up from the copy/paste.

For the most part my customers sign back up every year. It's always a gamble with ones I've only had for a single season, but those I've had for year come back.
            Andrew Baker
            Landscape Contractor
            Neighborhood Lawn Care, Inc
            Vancouver, WA
            http://neighborhoodlawncare.biz

Comment

Also what about automatic renewing contracts? So that you start again in the new year unless the customer calls to cancel service?
              - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
              Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

For every business I've ever had, I've always hired a girl to hand write inside the Christmas card and address the envelope (my hand writing sucks). My cards aren't the cheap 24 for $5. For example in 2014 I gave out cards from France that were so bad (*) my cleaning customers talked about them for OVER 60 days!

I learned this lesson when I was young. I remember my uncle talking about a guy in St Louis that sold cars for a living. He didn't go in and work at the dealership, he worked out of his house. He made everyone that bought from him feel special and kept up with their life and kids. Word got around. Every Christmas, no matter if you hadn't bought a car from him in 10 years, he would send a ham to your house. People got to remembering him as well and every time they wanted a car, they knew he would take care of them. I forget what kind of cars he sold but he was one of their top salesmen.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X