No Compete Clause

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Compete Clause

Any of you guys use a no compete clause for new hire's?
    Last year I had an issue with a guy scooping up one of my
    condo snow plowing contracts. Never again.
    If so any samples?

We have seen a bit of a discussion about this in the past. It seems there are certain limitations to what you can do with a non-compete clause.

Check out this site as an example: http://www.contractstandards.com/con...on-competition

One thing to keep in mind that even if they sign this and they end up breaking it and stealing a client, you still need to enforce it and that could be a bit costly.

Do you know any specifics about what happened with these previous employee? Did he go to a contact he made through your company and bid lower based on information he had on your bid? Do you know if he did anything else?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Even If you have a no compete clause in your employment contract, to enforce it you have to file a civil lawsuit. With legal fees being 100 to 500 per hour you have to decide whether its worth it or not. Then IF you win the suit you have to collect. Have fun, The guy probably has no assets, no money, and the only thing you get is a court order to stop, and a judgment you can wipe your *** with. Oh and still have to pay a lawyer.

Comment

That is a very good point and is why I was asking the back story to it. Maybe something else can be done with the operation to avoid it from happening?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X