For Only 175 Dollars A Month

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Only 175 Dollars A Month

Just got a call from some lead generating company, the up shot was for ONLY 175 a month, they would put potential customers in touch with me for lawn care. Wow that's great, I spend 35 dollars a month on advertising, make 1 thou a week, now I can spend more, and get less. That's great! Hung up on her, hope she didn't think I was being rude.

175 a month

7-11 must have closed early?

Comment

This reminds me of when I was called by Service Magic last year. Pay for leads that other companies are getting at the same time, so we all call the customer at the same time trying to act like a car salesmen and have them pick my company. Is it just me, or are those people only looking for the lowest price anyways?

Now I just tell those people that I've spent my advertizing money for this year already. Seems to work, and they don't call me for another year.

Comment

Just got a call from some lead generating company, the up shot was for ONLY 175 a month, they would put potential customers in touch with me for lawn care. Wow that's great, I spend 35 dollars a month on advertising, make 1 thou a week, now I can spend more, and get less. That's great! Hung up on her, hope she didn't think I was being rude.
        I got the same call today and done the same thing you did. constructiondeal dot com or something like that
        www.tammikproperties.com

Comment

Just an FYI for everybody service magic is now called Home Advisor
          http://www.lunchesruslawncare.com

Comment

I do wonder how they were going to generate these 'leads.' And would they be only for you or would they be going to a lot of other business owners at the same time.
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
            Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

The service is similar (in not an identical model) to CreditYES.

A customer goes online looking for a service, they fill out some information on what they are looking for and then that information is emailed to the relavant companies. That could be a half dozen landscape companies who all then have to race to call and bid the customer. All the while being charged for he service and for every lead sent your way, whether you get the customer or not.

I'd say it would work for brick and mortar companies (car dealers have CreditYES) service people have Service Magic (Home Adivor and others). The problem with us is that we have to also travel to the customer to sell them.

I tried a company similar, but paid nothing. They have predetermined prices for lawns and took a small cut. In principle, it works, but their concern was for customer satisfaction, and left their service provides in the dust. I would have them send the job to me and other professionals and even failed to pay me once (I only tried them a couple times). They had little leads, and would require service with a day or two.

It was just too hard to deal with.

Comment

It was just too hard to deal with.
                That is too bad it worked out that way. If only they focused more on feedback from you and other contractors, they might have gotten this off the ground. Do you think that service has a future or no?
                - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

A few years ago we had a realtor in our area try to get into something similar. They had a group of 'approved' contractors in a variety of service/repair fields and they would 'recommend' a contractor based on the customer's needs. Wasn't too bad a thing as long as their main office handled things, but then they let their agents get involved and the agents wanted to use 'their' guy and the whole thing fell apart on them. A lot of 'their' guys weren't on the 'approved' list. The realtor stepped away from it after a couple agents stepped in between a client and a service provider after a contract had been agreed to. I could never figure out what the realtor was getting out of the situation, other than good will with the community.

Comment

Home adviser etc..

I have had pretty good luck with home adviser. I close about 90% off the leads. They will give you leads exclusively for a few dollars more per lead. You may also want to look into a newer company called Task Easy. They are the middle man for lawn mowing, snow plowing and holiday lighting. They give you the customers and you use there app when the job is done you post a pic and the payment is deposited in your bank account in a few days. I get paid more per lawn than I would normally charge. I the price they offer is too low they will contact the customer to charge more. You can also suggest other revives and they will sell them for you. Many of the accounts I received were vacant homes that were for sale so it was easy work.

Comment

I have had pretty good luck with home adviser. I close about 90% off the leads. They will give you leads exclusively for a few dollars more per lead. You may also want to look into a newer company called Task Easy. They are the middle man for lawn mowing, snow plowing and holiday lighting. They give you the customers and you use there app when the job is done you post a pic and the payment is deposited in your bank account in a few days. I get paid more per lawn than I would normally charge. I the price they offer is too low they will contact the customer to charge more. You can also suggest other revives and they will sell them for you. Many of the accounts I received were vacant homes that were for sale so it was easy work.
                      I've heard nothing but bad things about Home Advisor after they called me with their sales pitch. A little Googling and you'll see the companies history with screwing contractors.

I just checked one of my customers addresses on Task Easy and I can tell you for a fact no customer will pay those prices down here, even for the "basic" services. For .22 acre they quote $62 for weekly mowing and $91 for one time mowing.

Comment

I've heard nothing but bad things about Home Advisor after they called me with their sales pitch. A little Googling and you'll see the companies history with screwing contractors.

I just checked one of my customers addresses on Task Easy and I can tell you for a fact no customer will pay those prices down here, even for the "basic" services. For .22 acre they quote $62 for weekly mowing and $91 for one time mowing.
                        I don't understand why there is such a difference. I am outside of Rochester NY and they are charging 30-35 a cut here. It's just a suggestion Task Easy doesn't charge you to be a contractor. If they call you with a customer then they already have a signed contract and have agreed on a price ahead of time. If you show up and the price they quoted is too low you call them and they will renegotiate the deal.

As far as home adviser the only problem I've had was a few times a year they would send me a lead and the customer would never return my calls. I called the company and told them I am not paying for the lead and if they didn't refund me I was canceling. They always gave me a refund. I only use them for residential customers though. I feel there commercial pricing is too high.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X