Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 business complaints and you have to pay $5000?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 business complaints and you have to pay $5000?

Does your town have any policy similar to this one?

If your lawn care business gets 2 complaints from citizens to the city, you have to give them $5000 to set aside in case of poorly done work?

Have you ever heard of anything like this?

East Grand Rapids: Licensed lawn services listed - Rolf Pawelka, of Pawelka Landscaping Inc., said a listing on the city's Web site will serve as some quality control because any business that gets more than two complaints has to set aside $5,000 with the city as assurance against shoddy work.
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

i would sell my business.... you know the old saying... you cant make all the people happy all of the time.

Comment

That seems kind of brutal. Although I would hope your customers have the decency to come to you and complain first, to give you the chance to make up for it.

Comment

It seems crazy! The article went on to talk about a snow plow outfit that got it's business license pulled and they weren't too happy about that.
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

It seems crazy! The article went on to talk about a snow plow outfit that got it's business license pulled and they weren't too happy about that.
          It is Crazy steve! This is rediculous, i would hire a lawyer instantly if this ever approached me, and to be honest i cant say what else i would do

But i would take much more action, maybe even try to go to congress with that,

In just having a lawn care or snowplow service how would anything have to cost 5k dollars???

Better yet i would just file it to my insurance! somehow/someway
          Last edited by LawnMoore; 07-28-2010, 07:23 PM.
          (352)682-3094 Suwannee River, Florida 32680

Visit my site, http://www.lawnmoore.com, Thanks!

Comment

I have to wonder if such a policy would hold up in court, I honestly doubt it. In any event if that was the municipal law, I would move or I suspect a lot simply go underground.
            Andy
            Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

Working...
            X