Office Depot profit slumps 85%

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Office Depot profit slumps 85%

Is this a sign of things to come! Yikes! I have purchased quite a few things from the Office Depot. How about you?

Is this a sign of a slowing economy or is it simply a problem with their business model?

What's your view?

Office Depot profit slumps 85% - Office Depot says its fiscal fourth-quarter profit slid 85% as sales in North America slipped and last year's period benefited from a gain from the sale of a building.

The Delray Beach, Fla.-based office supply retailer says earnings fell to $18.8 million, or 7 cents per share, compared with $126.6 million, or 45 cents per share, a year earlier.
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

I have bought things there, but I try not to, they are WAY overpriced.
    Northern California

Comment

Maybe this is why they are having such difficulties then!

Do you find yourself ordering more office supplies online? Or just not at that store?
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

I find that Office Max and Office Depot are both overpriced. I try to print as many of my own as I can. I also buy supplies at Wal Mart and other box stores like that. Saves Me a lot of money.
        Northern California

Comment

That is a good point. I didn't take into consideration the power of wal-mart even for office supplies. Or Sam's Club too!

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X