What other services do you offer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What other services do you offer?

I'm starting to get my plans together for my new venture. Wifey and I are packing up and moving. I plan to go full time, since cost of living is MUCH cheaper. I know the area pretty well and know lawn services are needed. Lawn care and landscaping can only go so far though. There is not a lot of profits in just mowing, but the side jobs are never consistent. I don't want to put all my eggs in one basket, I want to branch out and offer other services.

What do you guys do? What other services do you offer? I know SECT does a bunch, but do some of you have a crew that mow's and a crew that does powerwashing? I want to get some idea's so I can figure out what I want to do and how to advertise. I'm looking for input for consistent jobs...not ones where "once a year I haul my neighbors trash to the dump".

Thanks a bunch for the help!!

I was once told "find some thing your good at and do alot of it" I have stuck to this advice and I plan to only off 3 services general lawn care (spring clean ups mowing, fall clean ups) Hardscapes, and tree work.

Comment

I was once told "find some thing your good at and do alot of it" I have stuck to this advice and I plan to only off 3 services general lawn care (spring clean ups mowing, fall clean ups) Hardscapes, and tree work.
      For tree work, you cut and haul away?

Comment

Yep I will drop trees, chip the brush, take any pine to the dump and any hardwood I cut and split and then sell that.

Comment

lawn care (mowing,clean ups,mulch,shrubs,plantings,)
          Pressure washing
          Gutter Cleaning and Installation
          Roof Cleaning
          Sealcoating
          Chimney sweeping
          Snow Removal
          Junk Removal
          Skid Steer Service
          Custom Fences
          Decks, Patios, Walkways, Gravel Driveways, Retaining walls
          Some tree work
          For the right price ill beat up your neighbor. I would actually sub this out to teenagers. They dont go to jail.

Comment

I second that. Branching out too much can hurt you sometimes. Additional services that go together or are somewhat linked is ok, but some things just don't go together. One service I offered in Alaska was pet waste removal. Very lucrative in the spring but smelly.
            Former PCOIC for the US Air Force
            Currently Certified PCOIC at Grass Roots Lawn & Landscaping

sigpic

Comment

I second that. Branching out too much can hurt you sometimes. Additional services that go together or are somewhat linked is ok, but some things just don't go together. One service I offered in Alaska was pet waste removal. Very lucrative in the spring but smelly.
              I agree with you, there are some things that are out of the question. No home improvements or anthing else I have to pull a permit for. Fences would be a no go.

I was thinking power washing or something to spruce up the house.

Any others have input???

Comment

Gutter cleaning, annual planting, mulching, landscape debris removal are a few I can think of.
                Former PCOIC for the US Air Force
                Currently Certified PCOIC at Grass Roots Lawn & Landscaping

sigpic

Comment

Comment

We added window washing for this year...Seems like it's getting some attention already...

Comment

We added window washing for this year...Seems like it's getting some attention already...
                      I was just reading about that today. Is it just the outside windows? Are you making your own chemicals or using store bought brands? Whats the average going rate?

Hedge, you just realized that service???? The rest of us have been doing it for years!

Comment

Maybe offer in home Brazilian waxes?

Comment

Well the name of my business is No More Chores and we take that to the extreme, somewhat. About the only things I don't do are sprinklers trees and gutters, those aren't chores.

But basically anything your wife ask you to do on your day off we got it covered.

I don't advertise window cleaning because I don't do it. But if I'm gonna have two people on a job site pressure washing for an annual estate care contract, the other one washes the windows. Why not? Makes the customer feel like they get more.

Something you probably can do but don't want to. I hate laying flagstone because I do it myself. I'm 22 but I still feel it for days. I advertise it but I only accept the jobs I want. Big jobs. Hire a couple guys knock it out get a check, warranty it for 12 months and go on about my business. Only if I have time.

Comment

I was just reading about that today. Is it just the outside windows? Are you making your own chemicals or using store bought brands? Whats the average going rate?

Hedge, you just realized that service???? The rest of us have been doing it for years!
                            I'm talking the outside of the windows, we use the normal store bought products for now, There may be other options out there but this is new for us and still learning...

Price depends on the size, from what I see others charging, it ranges from $10 to $25 per window...

Comment

I'm talking the outside of the windows, we use the normal store bought products for now, There may be other options out there but this is new for us and still learning...

Price depends on the size, from what I see others charging, it ranges from $10 to $25 per window...
                              One of my friends uncles does only window washing. He made a living doing it. Its something I thought of but wasnt sure what the market was.

With pressure washing we always wash the exterior windows. Partly because the residue from the cleaning chemicals would be left.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X